What Would You Do?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Bloomsie, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Bloomsie

Bloomsie Active Member

On Monday, my mother and I were driving on our way to get my car from my father when we noticed a kitten in the middle of a busy street with ongoing traffic. Cars were going around the kitten, but no one stopped to help him. The kitten was on his back, trying to get up, but it couldn't. My mom and I stopped immediately and I took a blanket and picked him up as gently as possible.

He was trying to meow, but he was in so much pain that nothing came out. My mom and I quickly drove to the nearest shelter with the kitten wrapped in the blankets. When we got there, the kitten had passed away. His little heart wasn't able to take the traumatic event.

The kitten looks just like my cat. That thought that if my cat was dying, I wouldn't be able to control myself. I'd start having a panic attack. When I realized that the kitten had died in my arms, I was incredibly depressed and started crying. I tried to help a creature that needed help, and I couldn't save him. However, I keep telling myself that I'm glad his last memories were of my mom and I trying to save him than alone and scared.

Moral of this story: If you see an animal, especially a kitten, in need of help, please aid them. Nothing is more important than a life, even if it's an animal. The kitten could have been saved many cars ago.

If you saw an animal on the road such as a kitten, cat, puppy, or dog, would you save them?

Bloomsie, Jun 10, 2015
  2. Bloomsie

Trellum Well-Known Member

I would! I can't stand letting something terrible happen to a poor animal, specially a harmless creature such as a cat. I love cats and dogs, I have helped a few in the past, but that didn't always had a happy ending, just like what happened to you. I'm so sorry to hear he died, you sound like such a wonderful and sensitive person! Thanks a lot for being such a warm and helpful human being.. I really think our society is becoming more and more apathic every day! But people like you with those randoms acts of kidness give me hope!

Trellum, Jun 11, 2015
  3. Bloomsie

mimio Active Member

Kind of you! Cats, dogs....the animal is an indispensable part of the world. We should save them !

mimio, Jun 12, 2015
  4. Bloomsie

Anne Well-Known Member

That brought tears to my eyes. I know what it is like to save and I know what it's like to lose. My cat came home to me when my son stopped and save him on the highway. If only he was still with me........................................................

Anne, Jun 13, 2015
  5. Bloomsie

nanouhammie Member

I would take the meowy cat in immediately. I have done it in the past. Some people have no love for animals at all and will just abandon them. Very sad and very sick.

nanouhammie, Jun 24, 2015
Ask a Question