What toys do your cats love?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by jowjo5, Feb 21, 2013.

1. jowjo5

jowjo5 Active Member

What toys do your cats love? We have three cats and they all have different things they like. For instance one of our cats will not play with toys from the store although he will play with random things he finds around the house.

Our other cats will play with the little balls with the bell inside of them. And our third cat loves pens. Go figure, the one thing hard to keep around in the house and he has to take them to play with them. We generally do a hunt for them and find a stash under the couch.

One also like toilet paper! What a mess he makes!

jowjo5, Feb 21, 2013
  2. jowjo5

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

Sassy doesn't play, but Dusty does. His favorites are things he can catch, so it if has a wand I can hold and some string to hold the object, he's set. He's bad about trying to grab things that move, especially drawstring pants when I'm trying to use the bathroom. We have cattials/foxtails in the summer, so I pick those from the field/nursery around my house and he obliterates them. He's rough on toys, so when he plays I make sure he catches stuff less often just so we don't have to keep buying toys.
    We have too many pens in our house, we should send you some! :p

CinnamonKiss, Feb 21, 2013
  3. jowjo5

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Even though my cat is lazy, surly and grouchy, she is still a cat and she can't resist a ribbon or string wiggled in front of her, or a laser pointer.
    If the wind or a fan should happen to blow a plastic bag across the floor as I'm unpacking the groceries, she will ferociously attack it as though it's a living entity that just encroached on her personal space. Once she catches the bag and it's just sitting there, ripped. she loses interest and goes back to grooming herself or looking bored.

ACSAPA, Feb 22, 2013
  4. jowjo5

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

Sibyl used to love to play with feathers, strings, and anything that moves. She doesn't play so much anymore and I'm really not sure why! It's a tad strange. Alice loves pretty much anything. We bought Sibyl a feather on a string, Alice stole it and plays with it, she loves little stuffed mice, balls with bells in the middle, whatever. Things that move and have bells are her absolute favorite!

blurinoctober, Feb 24, 2013
  5. jowjo5

Jessi Well-Known Member

My cat is happy with anything that wasn't intended to be hers in the first place. :p

She does have a couple favorite toys from over the years, but she's never been a huge toy user. She likes her laser pointer occasionally and has a pink ball from when she was a kitten.

Jessi, Mar 10, 2013
  6. jowjo5

steph84 Well-Known Member

My cat loves to play with lasers and anything with string. They love to just chase after string and bite it. It is a terrible mess in my house around the holidays when they hide under the tree and try to rip up our ribbon. Now we have to wrap presents a day or two before Christmas.

steph84, Mar 11, 2013
  7. jowjo5

jose26425 Member

I have tried some many cat toys that are supposed to bring my cats hours of joy that never pan out. They play with them for an hour and and sooner or later, they end up underneath the couch or stove. The cats' favorite toys are whatever objects they aren't supposed to be playing with in the first place. They love to steal my fiancee's hair ties and bat those around the house.

jose26425, Jun 11, 2013
  8. jowjo5

Trellum Well-Known Member

My Bob loves a little fluffy mouse toy I gave him a while ago. He doesnt seem to be into toys that much. Not a very playful cat. His main interest are eating, sleeping and get pampered by me, lol.

Trellum, May 13, 2015
  9. jowjo5

ellie Active Member

Tinkerbell doesn't play. I wish she did. There are so many cute toys at the store or diy cat toys that I found on Pinterest and would love to make, but she has no interest. She might bat at a dangling toy for about fifteen seconds before she loses interest and wanders off. Come to think of it, none of that cats I've ever owned have been exceptionally playful animals.

ellie, May 24, 2015
  10. jowjo5

LilAnn Well-Known Member

Anything with catnip! He goes nuts for the stuff. He's like a catnip junkie. But he's a good cat and has kept my house mouse free, so he deserves it!

LilAnn, May 25, 2015
Ask a Question