What kind of treats do you offer your cat?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Trellum, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

So, what are your cat's favorite treats? I'd like to know what you guys offer your cats when is treat time, I must admit I do this mostly our of curiosity and also because I'm running out of ideas :) So let's see how many healthy ideas we can gather here.

Right now my boy loves it when I cook them some liver or fish bits, he likes it when I do that with butter :) He specially likes it when I fry the fish a bit, leaving it just a bit crunchy. That's his favorite treat :) I only offer him a small portion (hence I say it's a treat). I do it whenever i have extra fish and I feel like pampering him :)

What about you guys?

Trellum, Sep 7, 2015
  2. Trellum

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

The kitties like sardines on occasion but a very rarely so like you said hence it is a treat. They do get real fish every now and then which they love. Treats mostly are temptation treats which they go crazy for. As soon as they here the bag, no matter where they are at, they come running.

Susan Brown, Sep 8, 2015
  3. Trellum

Awww!!! Sardines! I have never tried giving my cat sardines, it sounds way more easy thank cooking bits of fish! More practical for sure. I might try it one of these days. Plus I think it's due time for my cat to get a treat, but last days have been so bad I have no energy at all... so sardines sound like a great choice :)

Trellum, Sep 9, 2015
    Susan Brown likes this.
  4. Trellum

Eaow Well-Known Member

I feed mine sardines too. Nice sun dried sardines that are not too flavoured up. She ejoys chewing on them too, and will clear an entire bowl of them. Then smell of sardines the entire week!

Eaow, Sep 9, 2015
  5. Trellum

Sun dried sardines? I had never heard about those! or even tried myself, lol. Are they any good? To be honest I'm not a big fan of sardines in general, the smell really gets to me. But now that you mention it, I think I will pass for now, lol. I don't want him to smell like sardines the whole week D:

Trellum, Sep 10, 2015
Ask a Question