What is your cat's name?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by hunya, Jul 14, 2015.

1. hunya

hunya Member

What is your cat's name? And why do you name it that?

I call my cat Fish, because he doesn't like fish.

hunya, Jul 14, 2015
    Susan Brown likes this.
  2. hunya

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

One of my cats is named Harley Waffles. He had that name when he adopted. Apparently, the woman who owned him before wanted to call him Harley and his daughter wanted to name him Waffles so he ended up with the two names. We, also, call him Mr. Lovable because he is so big and snuggly. He weighs over 20 lbs. Our other cat we call, Merle. We named him Merle because that is the sound he makes when he is walking around the house looking to get into some mischief. The name Merle just suits him perfectly. When he is in trouble you just have to call his name and he comes running. He is just too cute!

Susan Brown, Jul 14, 2015
  3. hunya

Trellum Well-Known Member

My cat's name is Bob, I named him after ''Bob'' the Jagex cat, because he looks just like him:

upload_2015-7-14_14-58-8.jpeg

he is one of the most well known NPC in Runescape. A british MMORPG I used to play when I was younger, I had so much fun over there, so I decided to name him after that cat. Plus the name do suit him! He is all black!

Trellum, Jul 14, 2015
    Susan Brown likes this.
  4. hunya

Anne Well-Known Member

My cat only lives in my heart, but he's still my Twinkle. It's the only pet I did not name. It's standard that I name the pets but somehow one of my 'sons' insisted 'she' be called Twinkle. We would only find out months later that Twinkle was a male, by which time he was responding to his name. I often still refer to him as her. I think the name is fitting because to me he's an ever shining star.

Anne, Jul 14, 2015
    Susan Brown likes this.
  5. hunya

Eaow Well-Known Member

I call mine cutie paws because I love cat paws. She seems to think that's not her name and lazily looks my way when I call her.

Eaow, Aug 31, 2015
    Susan Brown likes this.
  6. hunya

tajnz Well-Known Member

My cat's name is Slinky, which is the name of a cat in one of my favorite childhood books. :) She's also slinky in appearance too, so I think her name fits her well.

tajnz, Sep 11, 2015
  7. hunya

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

These are some awesome names and a lot of them I never heard before. I love how we go about choosing that perfect name for our kitties. That is what cat people do.. tHey get creative when it comes to names for our babies.

Susan Brown, Sep 12, 2015
Ask a Question