What is your cat afraid of?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Jessi, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

I tried looking for a thread like this, but didn't see one.

What scares your cat?

My older one can't stand the vacuum cleaner, but my younger one actually loves to be vacuumed with the hose, ha. The youngest freaks out at the sound of duct tape being pulled off the roll, though.

Jessi, Mar 23, 2012
  2. Jessi

christina Active Member

All 4 of my cats run from the vacuum. My oldest cat is scared of plastic bags when you open them, but then he will go and sleep on it. My youngest cat is scared of everyone but me. I don't know why! We have had him since he was born. I think all of them are afraid of thunder as well.

christina, Mar 29, 2012
  3. Jessi

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

Bella is afraid of anyone who does not live in the house. Booger is afraid of anything that upsets his routine like if I don't feed him at his usual time he freaks out or when I clean and run the vacuum. Tigger is quite mellow and pretty much not afraid of anything.

SheWolfSilver, Mar 29, 2012
  4. Jessi

nicola Active Member

Sophie is scared off the Hoover and our juicer.

nicola, Mar 29, 2012
  5. Jessi

amy005 Well-Known Member

My cat is also afraid of the vacuum cleaner. She even gets freaked out when the washing machine is on and makes a lot of noise lol. She even freaks out when I use the blender Oddly enough though she doesn't seem to mind thunder storms or anything like that. It is weird the things that bother cats.

amy005, Dec 9, 2013
  6. Jessi

steph84 Well-Known Member

My cats are afraid of foil and water. They hear foil and they freak out like crazy. I feel bad when I need to grab sheet of foil while they are eating in the kitchen. They just run like mad and then come in wondering if it is safe to come back in.

steph84, Dec 9, 2013
  7. Jessi

Trellum Well-Known Member

My cat is really afraiod of thunder, loud noises and water. Just like your regular cat. I do give him a bath, at least twice a month, but he really hates it. I'm grateful he just makes unpleasant and awkward meow sounds instead of shredding me to pieces with his long kitty blades, lol.

Trellum, Dec 13, 2013
  8. Jessi

Mocha&Latte Well-Known Member

My cat is very afraid of the heaters sound . The heater makes this weird sound and it looks like steam coming out of a small hole . Its sounds like a snake or something. They freak out when they hear it suddenly go and run madly all over the house. That's why they are usually not allowed in my room during the winter (unless the heater is off) because of their freak outs.

Mocha&Latte, Feb 23, 2014
Ask a Question