What is the name of you cat and why did you pick that name?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Trellum, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

The name of my cat is ''Bob'', I picked that name mostly because of an online game I used to play when I was younger. I thought ''Bob'' was such a cool name because my cat was black, just like the cat from the game... the ''Jagex Cat''.

[​IMG]

What about you? What is the name of your cat? And why did you name it like that? Tell us the story behind it :)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
    Trellum, Mar 8, 2015
    CrazyCatLady74 likes this.
  2. Trellum

morgoodie Member

My one cat's name was Tigger. When he was a kitten, it seemed like the only thing he ever did was jump around so that is why his name is Tigger. My other cat's name was Sir Trouble. He was a little more classy than his brother and a little more aloof so that is where Sir came into play. Although he was a little snooty, he would always cause trouble so that is why he was named Sir Trouble. He grew out of causing trouble though but he never grew out of being snooty. Lol

morgoodie, Mar 6, 2016
  3. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

I thought I had answer this before. Funny enough I did not name Twinkle. He is the only pet I did not name. My adopted son of sorts named him and I can't honestly remember why he so named him. In the end I was happy because Twinkle turned out to be a fitting name as he is still my shinning star.

Anne, Mar 31, 2016
  4. Trellum

CrazyCatLady74 Member

My Oldest cat's who is now 13 who's name is Kipper was named by my daughter. She was about three years old at the time and just started calling him Kipper so the name stuck. My Siamese who is 5 years old, we adopted from a foster cat program and his name was Liam and it just suited him so we kept it. My baby grey kitty was initially named Hera by the foster cat program that we adopted her from and I did not care for the name it just did not fit her. I loved the named Olivia and I felt it was a good name for her and she loves it.

CrazyCatLady74, Mar 31, 2016
  5. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

For those who don't know my story, when my Twinkle came home as a kitten, we thought he was a she so I was fine with the name. By the time we found out he was actually a male the name Twinkle was already sitting well with him so I would not entertain changing his name. We were cat ignorant but in the end I felt the name was right for the shining star. Often I still refer to him as her so if ever you see me make that mistake excuse me.

Anne, Mar 31, 2016
Ask a Question