What diseases can you get from cats?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by erik, Nov 26, 2015.

1. erik

erik Well-Known Member

What are common diseases can you get from owning a cat? Ive heard that some cats can predispose you to a type of "cat lady" schizophrenia? Although i imagine this is very rare...

erik, Nov 26, 2015
  2. erik

djordjem87 Member

I think that is very rare if even real. It sounds like a movie thing not a real one. If something lie that actually happens it will be because a person had problems in their heads not because of cats. I even heard that cats can heal people. Whenever i feel sick in my stomach, when i get some stomach virus one of my cats come and sit on my belly .She can't know what is bothering me but somehow i feel she does. The one thing i now is allergies. If you have them you really shouldn't think about having a cat as a pat.

djordjem87, Nov 26, 2015
  3. erik

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
    Susan Brown, Dec 2, 2015
  4. erik

CherylTorrie Member

Great Article Susan Brown. The most important thing is cleanliness. It's not only healthier for you when dealing with cats it's also a good policy when dealing with humans. I don't think we need to wear masks and gloves at all times but washing our hands, flat surfaces and door knobs is always a good practice to have. Our cats don't wish us to be sick and miss out on thier play time.

CherylTorrie, Dec 2, 2015
    Susan Brown likes this.
  5. erik

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

That is great advice Cheryl. Cleanliness is so important is all aspects life to stay healthy.
    One can never be too clean!

Susan Brown, Dec 9, 2015
  6. erik

p885 Member

Cats are pretty clean animals. I know my cat Snowball is always cleaning himself.

p885, Dec 10, 2015
  7. erik

Trellum Well-Known Member

As a woman in her reproductive years I'd be very concerned about ''Toxoplasmosis'', but other than that... nah. If you take your cat to the vet every 6 months I think you should be just fine.

Trellum, Dec 10, 2015
Ask a Question