What are your cats' names?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by MarshCat, Jul 15, 2016.

1. MarshCat

MarshCat Member

I see there is a thread for unusual cat names, but was wondering the names of the cats you actually have? :)

My cat is Rosie. She's a calico, and super fiesty and playful. She loves to cuddle to which is really nice for me because I'm at home a lot with the kids.

My sister lives with me too and she has three cats: Hansel and Gretel and Snow White.

What are your cats' names?

MarshCat, Jul 15, 2016
    yourkiwim8 likes this.
  2. MarshCat

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

I have two cats. My older one is 10 years old. He is a big Russian Blue. His name is Harley Waffles. He had that name when we adopted him 5 years ago. He is laid back and doesn't like cuddles much. Only on his own time.
    My other cat is Merle. He is 3 years old and full of mischief. He loves to play fetch. He could do it for hours. He has such a great personality and he always comes when you call his name. He likes to cuddle but he also likes to be bad. lol

Susan Brown, Jul 21, 2016
    yourkiwim8 likes this.
  3. MarshCat

Novelangel Active Member

I have a calico named Callie-sue. She's a bit of a stinker at times but is always my girl, clinging to me pretty much wherever I happen to be in our home. Right now I only have one cat but over the years I've had dozens of different kitties. My mom currently has Sammy Pud, Sunshine, Miranda, Tommy, Timothy, Sallyanna, Bubbles and Kimberly, AKA Kimber.

Novelangel, Jul 27, 2016
    yourkiwim8 likes this.
  4. MarshCat

cluckeyo Active Member

My cat's name is Daisy. That was a mistake. He is a male. But by the time I figured that out, he had already grown accustomed to his name. So I officially changed his name to MacDaisy. That's on the paperwork at the vet. He still likes to be called just plain Daisy :)

cluckeyo, Jul 27, 2016
    yourkiwim8 likes this.
  5. MarshCat

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

lol I think that is cute! :)

Susan Brown, Jul 27, 2016
    yourkiwim8 and MarshCat like this.
  6. MarshCat

MarshCat Member

Cluckeyo, that is pretty awesome. :) I know someone who had a cat named Phebe who turned out to be a boy as well. But I don't think they changed it.

My sister just told me about a cat named Fish. I thought that was hilarious.

MarshCat, Jul 27, 2016
    Kitty_Tinkles and yourkiwim8 like this.
  7. MarshCat

Angee New Member

I try to come up with names that I think fit the animal. So we have Maisy who is an old himalayan. Best estimate she's about 17 yrs old. Then there is Magellan who is a tabby he was an explorer as a baby and was the first to cover the livingroom. Echo is a black and white short hair and will meow at anyone that speaks to her. Oliver is a long haired black and white half maine coon. He has a beard and just looks like if he were human he'd be named Oliver. Grady is a short haired grey and white. He came to us as a stray and my husband is a fan of Sanford and Son and one of the characters on there was called Grady and described himself as grey and wirey well our Grady is just that. He's a kitten we saved from being eaten by bigger animals outside.

Angee, Jul 27, 2016
    yourkiwim8 likes this.
  8. MarshCat

GeeTee Member

The cat we have now is Hunter. That name was given to him because from he was a kitten he displayed great hunting skills. I got them very young so I had to take the role of the mother cat by taking him and his brother out in the yard to hunt. His brother was lazy in that regard, but man, hunter was a beast at it from the get go.

GeeTee, Aug 2, 2016
    yourkiwim8 likes this.
  9. MarshCat

Neo Member

All my cats are named after greek gods haha accept my the first one that I had got. I got a little girl for my first cat, and we named her Dutchess. It's a beautiful name to me, the other three are 2 boys and one girl, Zeus, Athena, and Poseidon.

They are all so playful, and pretty much our pillows whenever we want them to be.

Neo, Aug 2, 2016
    yourkiwim8 likes this.
  10. MarshCat

casey84 Active Member

I only have the one cat, and his name is Casey. My other cats in the past who have passed away were named Prince, and before that Frank. Funnily we just always kept the names that the shelters gave them - but they just seemed right for each of their personalities!

casey84, Aug 10, 2016
    yourkiwim8 likes this.
  11. MarshCat

Anne Well-Known Member

My cat passed or transitioned as I like to say. His name was Twinkle. He got his name when I thought he was female but in many ways I think he had the best name but I say he is still that shining star that continues to shine even though he is not with me in spirit.

Anne, Aug 10, 2016
    yourkiwim8 likes this.
  12. MarshCat

Rufino Member

I am not that good when it comes to giving my cats their names, my dad is the one who gave them their names, I currently have four cats and their names are the following:

-Rufi
    -Dan
    -Loko
    -Daeni

They never obey to their names, but whatever, I still love them the same way :D

Rufino, Aug 16, 2016
    yourkiwim8 likes this.
  13. MarshCat

cluckeyo Active Member

Daisy is our main cat but it looks like we have a new addition to the family. Our new kitten is a Calico and we have named her Cali. She is a precious little thing. Daisy and Valentine (dog) seem to like her as they were all sitting out on the porch together yesterday.

cluckeyo, Aug 17, 2016
    yourkiwim8 likes this.
  14. MarshCat

LoveMyKittys Member

my cats name is Montana that was her name when we adopted her and she knows her name so I left it , my next cat which I'am planning on buying from a breeder in Mid Michigan will be a little boy Ragdoll and his name will be Milo

LoveMyKittys, Nov 12, 2016
    Kitty_Tinkles and yourkiwim8 like this.
  15. MarshCat

LittleFrog New Member

I have a 6 month old kitten named Tybalt, after the character in the October Daye novel's by Seanan McGuire, Tybalt, King of cats, although I know it also has Shakespearean origins, lol. My last cat, who died 3 years ago at the age of 17, was named Astra, which is Latin for Star or Star-like.

LittleFrog, Nov 21, 2016
    yourkiwim8 likes this.
  16. MarshCat

yourkiwim8 Member

I got a cool couple of cats, 1 named Ninja, and one named Tiger they are very protective and fit their names well. lol

yourkiwim8, Dec 17, 2016
  17. MarshCat

catly254 Member

My sister has a cat named grabber, its an awkward name but quite used to it.

catly254, Feb 8, 2017
  18. MarshCat

Becky Well-Known Member

That's a weird name, how did that come about?

Becky, Feb 10, 2017
    Kitty_Tinkles likes this.
  19. MarshCat

LoveMyKittys Member

Montana passed away, I now have 2 kittens Milo and Dakoda , their in my avatar

LoveMyKittys, Feb 14, 2017
  20. MarshCat

yourkiwim8 Member

I Have 1 M "Ninja" 1 F "Tiger"

yourkiwim8, Mar 25, 2017
    Kitty_Tinkles likes this.
Ask a Question