What are your cats favourite toys?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by magickat, Nov 29, 2011.

1. magickat

shem Member

My cat don't like toys. My cat and dog are best buddies, my cat is usually playing with my dog's tail. Sometimes they're running all around the house, in the backyard except the swimming pool. My dog is the only one that can swim. He can resist ball, yarn and even a mouse toy.

shem, Jan 29, 2012
  2. magickat

SallyintheValley41 Well-Known Member

My youngest cat loves taking things out baskets or bowls like a candy dish...when I have wrapped peppermints in there I find them all over the house. Once I left my purse on the floor an he actually stuck his head inside looking for something good....loves crinkly sounding paper

SallyintheValley41, Jan 29, 2012
  3. magickat

dortort New Member

My cat like play with balls(green balls she chose from all balls she have),jump on everything fly from she toys and she like play with me the hidden game(she hide in one place and wait me find she,then me hide in one place and she came search me).:)

dortort, Feb 10, 2012
  4. magickat

magickat Well-Known Member

My big tom cat Pawsie has managed to dig out a Christmas tree bauble from the basement and has been playing with it almost nonstop for the last 4 hours lol. He won't let the other kitties join in though....

magickat, Feb 10, 2012
  5. magickat

Cathy Member

Nothing seems to beat the simple things for my cats. Favourite toys in order for my cats are

1. Empty Cardboard boxes
    2. Long sticks from outside
    3. String
    4. Bags of any sort.

When my cats were kittens I spent a small fortune on proper toys - and what I learnt was, they don't care! They like it simple. For over a year now I've had a long thin branch that I stripped of bark and I use it at night to play with them. Also a ball of string will keep them occupied for hours (although takes forever for me to ball up again!). If there is an empty box or a bag I can guarantee if I put it down - there will be a cat in it.

My bengal decided her new toy at christmas would be the tree ornaments, I spent 10 minutes every morning pick them up and hanging them up on the tree and she'd just knock them straight off again... I'm sure she was laughing at me as she did it.

Cathy, Feb 11, 2012
  6. magickat

Carolinagirl Member

My cat loves homemade toys better than store bought ones. If she has a store bought toy she wants the tiny little cloth mice. Milk rings are her favorite homemade toy.

Carolinagirl, Feb 17, 2012
  7. magickat

sammilynn Member

Now my cat is starting to like cat nip toys a lot more... lol
    He has a fish one, and he just loves that thing... rolls around with it, rubs his head on it... lol it's funny to watch, and he's entertained.

sammilynn, Feb 21, 2012
  8. magickat

Belligerent Well-Known Member

I have a ball that is made out of catnip that Mama absolutely loves. Not only will she bat it around, she'll hold it in place and lick it for hours.. lol.

Belligerent, Feb 21, 2012
  9. magickat

inTHEsane Active Member

String and the bouncy balls were always key for my cats. They tended not to like or want anything to do with any of the other cat toys that are out there. Unless of course I rubbed their other favorite "cat toy" all over them. Then again catnip worked on socks as well, so it didn't really matter.

inTHEsane, Feb 25, 2012
  10. magickat

Cat Member

My cats favorite toy is my bed!! She sleeps there at least 22 hours a day!! The only thing that my cat will ever die of is boredom, I have never seen a lazier little girl than she!! :) If not the bed than a very small box that she can fit her fat, fuzzy little body in. If I try to make one of those teeny, weeny boxes more comfy by putting a pillow or a blanket in it she will never go near it again!

Cat, Mar 14, 2012
  11. magickat

steph84 Well-Known Member

My cats love anything on a string. I bought them this battery operated mouse and thought they would have something fun to chase around the house, but they hated it. They were afraid of it and just hid. I thought it was hilarious. I wonder what they will do when they see the real deal!

steph84, Mar 14, 2012
  12. magickat

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Who says cats can't swim? We just don't like to get wet, that's all.

Victor Leigh, Mar 15, 2012
  13. magickat

Chloe Member

My cats love those spongy bouncy golf balls. I must have 20 of them behind furniture all over. One of my cats likes to play fetch with them -- she'll find one (I think she has a stash that I can't find :p), bring it over and drop it, and then wait for me to throw it.

Chloe, Mar 15, 2012
  14. magickat

nicola Active Member

Sophie loves the plastic playground we got for her.
    She knocks all the pens off the table and loves jumping at them.
    Cardboard boxes and some toy balls that light up.

nicola, Mar 16, 2012
Ask a Question