What are your cats favourite toys?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by magickat, Nov 29, 2011.

1. magickat

magickat Well-Known Member

I have bought my cats proper toys and they quite like some of them, but it seems nothing beats a paper bag or a big cardboard box! They can spend hours jumping in and out and generally rustling around in them, which is so funny to watch.

What things do your cats like to play with?

magickat, Nov 29, 2011
    Belligerent likes this.
  2. magickat

doublelady Active Member

Our cats like bits of fur, like the little mouse toys you can find at a pet store, and anything that crinkles. They spend the most time playing with plastic bags from the grocery store.

doublelady, Nov 30, 2011
    magickat likes this.
  3. magickat

Yes, my cats like plastic bags too, they have even started pulling them out of the cupboard! One of my cats likes playing with toilet rolls too, I have found the bathroom floor covered in shredded paper a few times now....

magickat, Nov 30, 2011
  4. magickat

Wallie0921 Well-Known Member

None of my cats can resist a fur mouse.

Additionally, Deimos is the personification (felinification?) of the saying "Anything not nailed down is a cat toy. Anything that can be clawed up is not nailed down."

Wallie0921, Dec 1, 2011
    magickat likes this.
  5. magickat

Belligerent Well-Known Member

My baby is the exact same way! She would much rather play in an empty box than anything else, though she is very fond of her feather wand. :)

Belligerent, Dec 2, 2011
    magickat likes this.
  6. magickat

Wahcashmom Well-Known Member

My cats love balls, feathers and yarn. They can play for hours with these three items, I love to watch them play.

Wahcashmom, Dec 2, 2011
  7. magickat

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Green Seven is a great improvisator. He can make a toy out of just about anything. Even a short of string can keep him occupied for hours. My beard, if I give him half a chance, would have become a great toy for him.

Victor Leigh, Dec 2, 2011
    magickat likes this.
  8. magickat

luvmypets Member

Thomas used to like foil balls. He also prefers a toy that dangles on an elastic on a door knob. Oliver likes to bat fake mice around.

luvmypets, Dec 2, 2011
  9. magickat

Micheleteresa Well-Known Member

My kitty's have proper cat toys but they all love cardboard boxes, toilet paper rolls ( I too have found shredded toilet paper, like MagicKa few times , also paper towel rolls) Precious and Serenity love the little circular tab off the milk containers, we found that out when my son opened a half gallon of milk and dropped it on the floor, they swatted it back and forth for about an hour and serenity then picked it up in her mouth and placed it in her bed. They also like the little balls with the bells in them.

Micheleteresa, Dec 2, 2011
    Yolanda likes this.
  10. magickat

sammilynn Member

cats find the most random things amusing.

My cat likes to play with wrappers from things if they're noisy... I let him play with them if they're clean, and he doesn't try and eat them...

I bought him a bunch of toys and he does love playing with them. His leash and a toy that hangs from the doorway are his favourites.

He walks around with the leash in his mouth walking on and over things, and he's having fun doing it... I don't know why, but he is lol Never been on a walk either, so it's not like that is what he's looking for.

sammilynn, Dec 3, 2011
  11. magickat

kat74 Active Member

My cat like to play with balls and anything that is round. A ball of wool always gets her up and running. My daughter likes throwing the wool around so that the cat can run after it and they can do that for hours.

kat74, Dec 21, 2011
  12. magickat

Oh! And I occasionally run a little water in the bathroom sink for Deimos to drink (of course, they're all welcome to drink there, but Deimos is the only one who asks for it). He likes to knock things off of the counter into the sink.

Wallie0921, Dec 21, 2011
  13. magickat

Alli Well-Known Member

My boy kitty loves any string or anything remotely resembling string (shoelaces- even when on shoes, wires, etc) My girl cat loves her little toy mice. She plays with them alone, though- it's really funny- she takes them in another room and bats them around and meows at them. If anyone looks in, she drops them and acts like she wasn't playing.

Alli, Dec 22, 2011
  14. magickat

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

My cats also like little bits of rafia strings. They can actually spend an hour or two just batting them around and playing make-believe.

Victor Leigh, Dec 26, 2011
  15. magickat

DanielCasey25 Member

My cats love to play with feather toys (specially rabbit-furred mice), soft balls and ping pong balls.

DanielCasey25, Jan 13, 2012
  16. magickat

My two youngest kitties have developed a new fascination with my clothing drawers -they manage to open them slightly then pull everything out and climb in the drawers! I'm glad I know it is them or I might think I had a strange poltergeist or something lol

magickat, Jan 13, 2012
  17. magickat

Shortie861 New Member

I have bought my cat numerous toys :) from balls on a string that she can chase around to little cuddly toys that she can mess around with and she will still go back to playing with a box or carrier bags or paper :) when I was wrapping for Christmas she was jumping into the wrapping paper annoying when wrapping but funny to watch :)

Shortie861, Jan 13, 2012
  18. magickat

Yes my cats always like to help with wrapping presents! They also like to help tie my laces, open the mail and sweep the floor lol.

magickat, Jan 13, 2012
  19. magickat

Yolanda Well-Known Member

I agree that even though I have lots of cat toys, they also entertain themselves with string, cardboard boxes, toilet paper rolls, giftwrapping, etc.
    The cat toys they love the most include balls, kong kickeroo (fur toy with catnip), fur mouses and the catit design senses toys.

Yolanda, Jan 15, 2012
  20. magickat

The best cat toy I ever bought (and I need to see if I can find any anywhere anymore) is called a "Cat Dancer." It's basically just a long piece of curved wire with cardboard tubes on it. You hold one end and wiggle it for the cat to chase. I've never had a cat that hasn't gone for this one.

I had to look up the name when I wanted to recommend it here. The first time my ex and I saw one, the cardboard tubes on the ends looked more or less like handles, and I said, "Look! It's a garotting wire!" So that's what we always called it.

Wallie0921, Jan 15, 2012
    Yolanda likes this.
Ask a Question