What Are Things Your Cat is Afraid Of?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by KittyReeves, Feb 28, 2016.

1. KittyReeves

KittyReeves Member

My cats are weird. The older one, Max, is horrified by rustling plastic bags. I have no idea why, but when I start to ball up plastic bags to put into my bag of bags, the cat will immediately get up and run out of the room. The younger cat, Hufflepuff, is terrified by BUBBLES. My cat is afraid of bubbles. I was blowing bubbles in the spring once, because hey I found a jar of them, why not? And when the cat saw the bubbles, she fluffed up and dashed out of the room and hid under the couch for like an hour. Of course, she is also scared of water. She hears the faucet going and she leaves. But then again, that's pretty normal for a cat, haha.

What things are your cat(s) afraid of? Is it normal things, like water or the vaccumn? Or weird things, like mine?

KittyReeves, Feb 28, 2016
  2. KittyReeves

Anne Well-Known Member

My cat used to be afraid of any spray cans, water and any visitors to the house. My sister never got a good look at my cat as he would disappear as soon as anyone came to the house. If they stayed for hours, he would disappear for hours.

Anne, Feb 29, 2016
  3. KittyReeves

Trellum Well-Known Member

My Bob is scared only to the usual things :) He is a lot like my dog :p He doesn't like it when there is a lot of thunder outside, and seems to be scared of snow, since he is not really used to it. Other than that my boy is quite normal :)

Trellum, Mar 13, 2016
  4. KittyReeves

morgoodie Member

My cats were also afraid of plastic bags. I remember one of them got their head in the handle and went tearing through the house trying to get it away from him. I am surprised he did not have a heart attack because he was so scared. They were also afraid of water and my sister's dog since they were not used to being around dogs. My one cat actually climbed the wall to get away from the dog. He clung to a metal wall hanging that I have until he could jump down on the couch to try to get away from the dog. It was pretty funny at the time, but I am sure he did not think so at the time.

morgoodie, Mar 13, 2016
Ask a Question