What are some good toys that my cat will like?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by catlover2, Oct 7, 2010.

1. catlover2

catlover2 Well-Known Member

Joey has only been with me for five days, and has no toys at all. I am not being mean by not having toys, I just am not sure what to get for him, Please help me out. I plan on going to the store this weekend and will pick up some thing for him then.

catlover2, Oct 7, 2010
    Jenny Heart likes this.
  2. catlover2

magickat Well-Known Member

There is no need to buy cat toys, they will be just as entertained by items you can find around your home. cardboard tubes, screwed up balls of paper or foil, shoelaces and paper bags all provide hours of kitty fun.

magickat, Jan 22, 2012
  3. catlover2

SallyintheValley41 Well-Known Member

I have a whole box of toys and even though they are too old now to really play...every morning I find one or two out somewhere...never see them do it, but they pick them out of the box. They seem to favor the "furry" mouse....I think it is rabbit fur or something.

SallyintheValley41, Jan 28, 2012
  4. catlover2

I don't think cats ever really grow out of playing. My mum and dad's cat Chloe is 15 and she still chases toy mice around from time to time. She also still catches live ones!

magickat, Jan 28, 2012
  5. catlover2

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

Bella plays with the towels in my bathroom, she knocks them in the floor everyday. My shoes, I've had to buy I don't know how many shoestrings. The toilet paper, I've had to stop keeping it on dispenser because it all ends up in the floor. So, cats don't need toys to amuse themselves. LOL She has all kinds of toys and she just ignores them.

SheWolfSilver, Jan 28, 2012
  6. catlover2

Sunsational Member

My cats love the ring off of milk. They play for hours with it. The one toy Lily loves, in fact she bring it to bed is a teaser toy they call it. It a stick with this long pink boa attached to it, she carries it around with her.

Sunsational, Feb 1, 2012
  7. catlover2

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I rather think that buying cat toys are more of a thing for the owners rather than for the cats themselves. From what I have observed, cats are very good at improvising. Anything and everything can become a toy for them. I have seen my cats making a great game even out of dry leaves.

Victor Leigh, Feb 2, 2012
  8. catlover2

Jenny Heart Well-Known Member

All 3 of my cats love to play in plain old boxes. They do like cat mouse toys as well. Try using a simple spool of thread without the string. My cats just love pushing it around and around. They tend to love to play with anything that rolls, and makes surprising noises. Try finding a stick like wand and placing something dangling on the end of it, and then lay it it front of them, and start moving it along the floor, and they'll all start joining in on the fun.

Jenny Heart, Apr 20, 2012
  9. catlover2

My cats love boxes too, of all shapes and sizes. They climb on and in them, hide in them and chase each other round them.

magickat, Apr 20, 2012
  10. catlover2

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I have had cats who do the same thing. Except that mine make a game not out of boxes but the freshly-laundered clothes which I have just folded neatly.

Victor Leigh, Apr 21, 2012
  11. catlover2

wahmed Active Member

All you need is yarn and a scratch post. The yarn will keep them busy and the post will prevent them from scratching your things. Boxrs are great to

wahmed, Mar 19, 2015
  12. catlover2

erik Well-Known Member

You can download free cat game apps in your tablet or smart phone. I have "Cat fishing" and it drives my cat crazy. She gets tired after a while tho...

erik, Mar 20, 2015
  13. catlover2

nalbert New Member

My cats favorite toys are these little stuffed animals that you can stuff with nip... they will carry those all over the place. The second is little foam balls they play catch with. Other than that it can be anything really. Boxes are on there top ten list! Oh and they love the toys with the elastic string tied to the toy you hang from the roof... that drives them up the wall trying to catch that, then release it and catch it again.

nalbert, Mar 23, 2015
  14. catlover2

Trellum Well-Known Member

Get a box! Cats love boxes! It has been proven ALL cats no matter the size love 'em:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Trellum, Mar 23, 2015
Ask a Question