Wellness Grain-Free Wet Food

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by mariposa, May 14, 2013.

1. mariposa

mariposa Well-Known Member

We almost exclusively use Wellness grain-free food now. For dry we use Taste of the Wild and both seem to be very good products.

I know there are several reasons for choosing to go grain-free including allergies and diabetes. Our reason is for diabetes and it feels good to be giving our cat food that will not be affecting her disease in a bad way.

Wellness comes in many flavors and consistencies. Our cat would never touch the pate type of food in the past but eats Wellness pate without a problem. There are also chunks (small!), shreds, etc. We started with the chicken and turkey flavors and then after we saw that she liked the brand, we tried some of the less common flavors and even the mixes. Luckily it was all a hit and she's not refused to eat any of it.

mariposa, May 14, 2013
  2. mariposa

steph84 Well-Known Member

I have seen this brand around, but haven't tried it out yet. My cats are so picky. Is Wellness the food that comes in the purple bag with the yellow sun? I think I might have seen this at Sprout's Farmers Market, but haven't seen it at my local market. Might have to make a special trip. My sister's dog is getting a weird fungal infection from eating bad food. Good job on feeding your pets well and being a good cat mommy!

steph84, May 16, 2013
  3. mariposa

mariposa Well-Known Member

I'm afraid I don't know what kind of bag the dry form comes in, steph84. We only use the Wellness wet and luckily there are quite a few forms of it and flavors. When it comes to dry food, we use the Taste of the Wild that the vet recommended.

Thank you for the words about being a good cat mommy. :) I can't even imagine giving her food that has all kinds of weird fillers just because it's cheaper. I think it would always end up being MORE expensive because of the vet bills it may lead to for an unhealthy kitty.

Oh, you mentioned not finding it in your local market... we can't either. I have to get it at PetSmart and I have to get the Taste of the Wild at Tractor Supply in the pet food section.

mariposa, Jun 6, 2013
  4. mariposa

Yiddo Active Member

Thanks for sharing your opinions on this, now I know whether to get it or not.

Yiddo, Jul 4, 2013
  5. mariposa

KELSEY GAUBERT New Member

My kitten eats wellness kitten health for now until january she is going to eat wellness core kitten food its great food she is so awesome i love how much she is growing

KELSEY GAUBERT, Dec 19, 2013
Ask a Question