Weird Cleaning Habits

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Beth23, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Beth23

Beth23 Well-Known Member

Chip my peach colored cat is anal about cleaning herself and everyone else.

She waits till we go to bed then decides to actually clean us. You wake up with a cat licking you in the head. For some reason she especially likes to clean my son. I think she believes he belongs to her.

She also likes to lick your hands then rub her head in them. Its gotten to the point that when you hear her come in the room at night you pull your hands under the covers because she drives you crazy.

I have had lots of cats but never one who loves to clean humans before.

Just so you know we all shower daily LOL :p

Anyone experience this with there cats ?

Beth

Beth23, Aug 26, 2012
  2. Beth23

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

That is unusual and none of my cats have ever done that. But I think it's really sweet and you're lucky to have a cat that loves you so much. That is an adorable story.

ACSAPA, Aug 26, 2012
  3. Beth23

Jessi Well-Known Member

My cat does this! And my sister's cat is extremely anal about cleaning in the other ways you described. If she is being pet, she has to be licking....even if it's a wall or paper or something. She just cleans, cleans, cleans.

Jessi, Aug 26, 2012
  4. Beth23

footballtim Well-Known Member

The cat on your left, Tabitha, really does not spend a lot of time cleaning herself. However, my other cat, Phoebe the Bengal cleans herself constantly. Phoebe also likes to spend time in the bathtub, especially after daddy has just taken a shower. I should try filling the bathtub with a few inches of water and see what she does.

footballtim, Aug 28, 2012
Ask a Question