Warning. Cat's falling down

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by violino, Jul 7, 2012.

1. violino

violino Well-Known Member

:D
    That is Tabu, a few years ago - I watched it today and couldn't stop laughing :D

And second approach :D

violino, Jul 7, 2012
  2. violino

Jessi Well-Known Member

(The first video is private, so we can't see it)

Lol at the second one, though! What is it that she's (he's?) trying to get up there?

Jessi, Jul 7, 2012
  3. violino

QuatreHiead Well-Known Member

Awww.... that was so cute. Poor thing. I hope the kitty wasn't hurt by accident. It does worry me sometimes when they do this, but at the same time cats are so curious and can't help themselves. This one seems quite active and athletic to say the least! It was a very good attempt for whatever it is they seemed determined to get at. Thank you for sharing such adorable footage!

QuatreHiead, Jul 8, 2012
  4. violino

Oh sorry, I've changed that.

She just loved sitting there or sleeping, I don't remember. She likes being HIGH so this was a good place to observe my room. This wardrobe is now in a different place (no table or anything to help her) but I was so sorry for her that I put a box so she could jump there :D

violino, Jul 8, 2012
  5. violino

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Oh yes, cats do like to get up high. They are probably thinking that all the tasty things are hidden up there. Some people would make cat steps like these:
    [​IMG]

Victor Leigh, Jul 10, 2012
  6. violino

Jessi Well-Known Member

Lol! That's an awesome staircase for cats, Victor. My cat would be thrilled with it, no doubt. I wouldn't go through that kind of effort to encourage them to get up higher, though.

Jessi, Jul 10, 2012
  7. violino

Victor, I don't think my cats think it's something tasty up there. It's more like they can RULE THE WORLD. They are QUEENS up there. They can SEE everything, anyone. And what's more, it's sooo funny when YOU don't see them up there and they can observe you (especially you looking everywhere for them) :p

violino, Jul 11, 2012
  8. violino

QuatreHiead Well-Known Member

I have always adored those cat staircases! I dream of doing one of those things one day with my home where there are cat passageways all over the place. I liked the cool video I saw where someone had them all above their heads, the down side is I do have friends and family with allergies, so I could never go that far. There would be dander falling down from all over like rain! Well, not quite that extreme, but you get the picture. I don't believe I'd ever get them visiting. ^__^;

I wonder what makes them like getting up so high and aiming for the skies all the time? Maybe their curiosity just extends that far instinctively and they just can't help it. Although, I believe there are cats the exact opposite and terrified of heights. Maybe from being picked up and lifted too often, too high when they were just kittens and it was 10 times scarier?

Thanks for the fun post VictorLeigh! So informative as always! ^___~

QuatreHiead, Jul 11, 2012
  9. violino

Jessi Well-Known Member

This reminded me of your videos:

[​IMG]

My cats don't like the sound of balloons, so they'd never "fetch" them like this. This one is clearly on a mission, though.

Jessi, Aug 7, 2012
  10. violino

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Both of the videos and Jessi's GIF are adorable. When I was a kid, our cat Martinique loved to lie on the top of my grandmother's 6 foot bookcase.
    For some reason, cats just love high places.

ACSAPA, Aug 8, 2012
  11. violino

blackcapped Active Member

This reminds me of a cat we "used to" have. She would jump on the tops of doors and fall off all the time!

[​IMG]

Here she is with my dad. He is trying to get her down, and she is smacking at him. "No! You stop that!"

I actually only found out recently that she has died. It's still a bit hard for me to talk about, so I've yet to bring it up on the boards. I may create a commemorative thread about her soon.

blackcapped, Aug 11, 2012
  12. violino

Jessi Well-Known Member

My sister's cat does that. She loves sleeping on top of the door and while she struggles to get down on her own, she also doesn't want someone to take her down before she's ready either. She's quite happy up there.

Jessi, Aug 12, 2012
  13. violino

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

That reminds me of my friend's Persian that went out in the yard one morning and climbed up a low branch. Then it stayed on the branch the whole day without a sound until my friend found it there in the evening. Apparently it had forgotten how it got up there and couldn't figure out how to get down again.

Victor Leigh, Aug 12, 2012
Ask a Question