Walk your cats up and down the stairs

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Jenny Heart, May 20, 2012.

1. Jenny Heart

Jenny Heart Well-Known Member

My one cat has diabetes, and we find that coaxing him up and down the stairs helps him stay active. This one step may just help the both of you. Climb those steps along with your cat daily, and watch the pounds fall off of the both of you.

Jenny Heart, May 20, 2012
  2. Jenny Heart

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Be very careful when you are going down the stairs with your cat. Unless it knows how to walk by the side, it can be a very dangerous thing for both of you. I remember one cat that liked to walk between my legs when I am walking down the stairs.

Victor Leigh, May 21, 2012
  3. Jenny Heart

Mystique Well-Known Member

I had a cat that fell from the second floor because he was overly hyperactive. My brother and I screamed and rushed downstairs, but the little bugger just got up and started running around with the other cats.

That said, if your cat needs the exercise then, by all means, give it all it needs. However, as Victor said, you and your cat should be careful (although I think cats are more alert than humans :p)

Mystique, May 21, 2012
  4. Jenny Heart

Jessi Well-Known Member

That would imply I could actually get my cats to follow me, lol! The dog will follow happily, but both cats would look at me like I'm crazy if I tried to get them to go up and down the stairs without being carried. I -might- be able to bribe one by holding out a treat and getting her to follow, but that'd be shortlived, I think.

Jessi, May 21, 2012
Ask a Question