Vets Might Be Expensive, But Do You Think They're in It Only for the Money?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Mocha&Latte, Jan 26, 2014.

?

Has Your Cat Been Spayed Or Neutered Yet?

1. Yes

83.3%
  2. No

16.7%
  1. Mocha&Latte

Mocha&Latte Well-Known Member

( This story was on the website www.Catster.com and I just have a few questions about it). Over the course Of my life, I've seen offensive vets and vets who just talk about money. I remember this one experience when one of my first ever cats (R.I.P, Cheeto) was getting spayed, all the vet ever talked about was money. It gave me the feeling that he didn't care about my cat well-being. Yeah sure, some vets are amazing people but Vet's might be expensive but do you think they're in it for the money. Let's share your stories below.

Here is the link if you want to read the article on Catster.com:

http://www.catster.com/lifestyle/cat-health-veterinary-medicine-vets-expensive-money

Mocha&Latte, Jan 26, 2014
  2. Mocha&Latte

steph84 Well-Known Member

The vet near me does this. He even charges a resuscitation fee for $15! My cat needed surgery and he said, for $15 we will bring him back to life if he flat lines. Isn't he supposed to do that anyway?!?! Is that fee even legal?

steph84, Feb 1, 2014
  3. Mocha&Latte

Trellum Well-Known Member

Ugh, I hate people like that, this is almost as bad as the doctors who only speak about money... Yeah, I have been to doctors like that and it makes me so sick. Our current vet isn't the best, but at least he doesn't make it so obvious he is just after the money.

Steph: Woah!!!! I'd never see that vet ever again! What a greedy person he is!

Trellum, Mar 22, 2014
  4. Mocha&Latte

Jessi Well-Known Member

It just depends. Sure, there are some that are only focused on the money, but that's the same with doctors that treat patients.

Other doctors and vets really do care about their patients. Yes, they have to make money, too, but a good one will never mention what it's going to cost if he brings one back to life while on the table either....

Jessi, Apr 9, 2014
  5. Mocha&Latte

Anne Well-Known Member

I agree with you on all levels. Just as with most professions, some are in it primarily for the money and there are those who genuinely care. In the case of the latter. we hope we run into them first. Still after everything, they still need to make a living.

Personally, I don't do well with people in any profession who make me believe it's all about the money. Even if it is, don't let me know.

Anne, Dec 28, 2014
  6. Mocha&Latte

pafjlh Well-Known Member

Well, the vet in my neighborhood isn't cheap far from it. But I will give him and his staff a whole lot of credit. They obvisouly care for the animals that are in their care. When my sister took Pepper and her two daughters in to be spayed at different times of course but each time this vet handled them with care. His staff was also good to them and even called in a few days to see how they were doing. I felt the care they received was worth the money it cost, so yes there was expense but the vet did show caring as if he loved his work and being around animals.

pafjlh, Feb 2, 2015
  7. Mocha&Latte

morgoodie Member

I love my vet. He is cheaper than some of the places around me and I have been going to him for years. He genuinely seems to care about the animals he treats and he always plays with them a bit before he treats them. He is very good about answering questions and takes the time to get to know you. I am sorry that we are moving away and will not be able to have him for out vet.

morgoodie, Mar 6, 2016
  8. Mocha&Latte

Trellum Well-Known Member

You guys are lucky to have a vet that is so nice to the animals, where I live it is so hard to find a vet that will treat cats as well. I once asked someone nearby if they treated cats and she said no giving me the weirdest stare, as if I had asked if they treat snakes, lol.

Trellum, Mar 13, 2016
Ask a Question