"Vampire Cat" Timmy Finds Fang-Tastic Home at Last

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Trellum, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

A ‘vampire’ cat has finally found a happy home despite his Dracula image say shelter staff, who were very pleased to announce sweet Timmy the cat’s rehoming this week.

At 9 years old, with black fur and downward protruding fangs, Timmy seemed to have everything going against him in a world where kittens are the first to get homes and black cats are typically the last to be adopted. His abnormal teeth were not helping matters any, either, as Timmy languished at the Blue Cross rehoming centre in Lewknor, UK for over 100 days as staff worried that his pointy teeth were putting potential owners off from taking him home.

Lisa Kent, Animal Welfare Assistant from Blue Cross Lewknor, said: “Timmy’s canine teeth stick out, making it look like he has fangs!”

Of course, what is off-putting to some is endearing to others.

“His unusual appearance has meant that Timmy has had a lot of interest in the past, however he hasn’t had much luck at finding his forever home,” Lisa said.

Poor Timmy, as sweet as can be, handsome, and fluffy, had already been returned to Blue Cross a total of four times through no fault of his own, and faced a lonely existence.

Black cats are notoriously difficult to rehome thanks in part to the old myth and superstition that they bring bad luck and in part to their coloring being perceived as drab in contrast to the gingers, torties, tabbies and others.

Lisa added: “The only supernatural powers Timmy possesses are ones of unconditional love and affection, just like any other cat.”

http://www.lifewithcats.tv/2014/10/03/vampire-cat-timmy-finds-fang-tastic-home-at-last/

Trellum, Oct 6, 2014
  2. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

Boy am I happy for Timmy, but this is also a startling reminder of why I thought I hated cats. Whenever I thought of cats in the past, I mostly thought of the black scary, eerie looking cats. Something like my "friend" Timmy here. Actually, I am still "peeping" at him between posting. He gave me a scare at first glance. I guess in time he could grow on me.

Like the excerpt says, "what is off-putting to some is endearing to others".

Anne, Oct 22, 2014
  3. Trellum

maryannballeras Member

He looks like a real vampire! Are those fangs real? I would love to have a cat like that! I just don't know if my cats at home would be friendly to him, though. They might get scared or something. Nevertheless, I'm happy for Timmy!

maryannballeras, Nov 11, 2014
  4. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

You are funny Maryannballeras. I thought you would be running from the Vampire cat. Far from that you are running to it:). Well all the best. I still have a black cat phobia of sorts. I am trying to embrace them.

I also have a sneaky feeling the new guest might not receive such a warm welcome from your cats. Let's leave Timmy in his new home where it is safe. Like you, I am happy for Timmy.

Anne, Nov 11, 2014
  5. Trellum

maryannballeras Member

I might sound really odd and funny, I know. I'm quite a fan of vampire things (never a fan of Twilight, though) and that's why I'd rather be running towards a "vampire cat" instead of running away from it. For me, that would be so cool!

maryannballeras, Dec 5, 2014
Ask a Question