Twinkle, what sex are you?

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Anne, Oct 7, 2014.

?

Have you ever heard or known of any cases where the sex of a kitten could not be determined easily?

Poll closed Oct 14, 2014.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Relate the experience

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Anne

Anne Well-Known Member

When my kitten was first brought home it was a new experience for both my son and myself. I had not been so close to a cat for more than 30 plus years. My son declared it was a female and so we named "her" Twinkle. I would later find out that it was in fact a male. To this day, I still get confuse and constantly speak of him as a female. R.I. P Twinkle

Anne, Oct 7, 2014
  2. Anne

Trellum Well-Known Member

Heheehehe! I had a similar experience with Bob. I thought he was a female, but later found out it was a male, lol. I wasn't familiar with cats, I mean, not that much! Plus he was tiny when I found him! I think this can happen to anyone ;)

Trellum, Oct 7, 2014
  3. Anne

Anne Well-Known Member

I am going to rename you "Heheehehe". I found out after putting it out there that I was not the only person like this, so I could breathe a sigh of relief. I used to feel like such a"dumbbell". We would joke and say we needed to have " his" sex changed so"he"could remain a "girl". Just typing that was exhausting and confusing:)

Anne, Nov 11, 2014
  4. Anne

Eaow Well-Known Member

People do that all the time. Confuse the gender of their cats. I guess it is a secret cats love to hide well as much as they do much of everything else.

Eaow, Sep 3, 2015
  5. Anne

Anne Well-Known Member

At the time, I couldn't help but laugh at myself. My son had told me he had nearly found a home for it but the man who wanted it did not want a female. I wonder if he ever told him "she was a he" in the end. I still smile about it sometimes and the countless times I have to correct her or she in my typing about him. Even when I talk about Twinkle to this day if find myself referring to 'her"...oh well. He, she or it, Twink was my heart. He would be here sleeping at this hour......

Anne, Sep 3, 2015
  6. Anne

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

That is how I ended up with Merle. The woman who had him thought he was a female when she adopted him. When he found out he was male she threw him outside to fend for himself. Even though it was cruel I am kind of glad that she did now because I really came imagine my life without Merle. I love him soooo much.

Susan Brown, Sep 5, 2015
  7. Anne

Anne Well-Known Member

A disappointing action turned out to be a blessing to you. I know of that love soooo well. It is a love I would probably never have understood had I not experienced it myself. I hope you have a long and happy life with her. That woman's lost is your gain. We thank her.

Anne, Sep 5, 2015
    Susan Brown likes this.
Ask a Question