Top 10 Behavioral Problems in Cats

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Trellum, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

Here are the top 10 behavioral problems in cats and most importantly how to solve them! Just check this slideshow out:

http://pets.webmd.com/cats/ss/slideshow-behaviorial-problems-in-cats

I've had some of those problems with my cat in the past, wish I had had access to an slideshow like this one. It offers a lot useful advice that should really be taken into consideration :)

Trellum, Jan 3, 2014
  2. Trellum

steph84 Well-Known Member

I wish I had seen this slideshow sooner. My kitties are out of control now. Thanks for this Trellum! I really needed the tip on the scratching. I bought them two scratch pads and put some cat nip on it. They are going wild now.

steph84, Feb 24, 2014
  3. Trellum

Lol, awesome :) Glad this came in handy for you! You never know how the internet will help you ;) That very same tip helped me too; my cats had a scratching problem.

Trellum, Feb 24, 2014
  4. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

This was very useful information. Twinkle liked to groom himself a lot. That's why I was so surprise to learn it was a boy. He liked the scratching and I am sure he has left some marks but strangely enough it doesn't bother me. I love he left something behind even if it's a scratch patch on my furniture.

Anne, Mar 19, 2015
  5. Trellum

wahmed Active Member

Thanks for this. This is really useful and a great resource. If I had this sooner a lot of my problems would be gone

wahmed, Mar 20, 2015
  6. Trellum

Next time you get a kitty (if you ever decide to go for it), you can actually trim his/her nails, but you need to start from a very young age, so when he or she gets older she won't mind it at all you trim the nails. So no more scratch marks on the furniture =D

Trellum, Mar 22, 2015
  7. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice. I was so cautious when it came to messing around those nails. I would call him my son to have a look at them with me and try to come up with an approach. It was never agreed upon how to go about " attacking" them so we never did.

Anne, Mar 22, 2015
  8. Trellum

Yeah, that is why it's ideal to start when they are really tiny :) If you try to start when they're older, well odds are they won't accept it in that case... I guess not much can be done :(

Trellum, Mar 23, 2015
Ask a Question