Too many treats

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by footballtim, Sep 4, 2012.

1. footballtim

footballtim Well-Known Member

Sometimes I spoil my cats too much. I am so soft when it comes to making sure they eat properly. I try not to give them too many treats, but I become a sissy when I see their faces looking up at me and saying, "More treats please." We give them Greenies. At least those are better for them than some of those other cheap cat treats. I really do limit Tabitha's treats because of her kidney disease, but I know I should not give them to her at all.

footballtim, Sep 4, 2012
  2. footballtim

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

Try reducing the amount you give to them at once. My cat used to be treat mad, and I slowly got him down little by little. He was knocking over the treat box, trying to get them to spill out, little bugger LOL

Evilsprinkles, Sep 4, 2012
  3. footballtim

Jessi Well-Known Member

It actually took me a long time to get my cat to accept treats, so I had the opposite problem. Now there are some brands she likes, but she doesn't beg for more usually. Once she's had a few and I walk away, she doesn't come looking for any more.

Jessi, Sep 5, 2012
Ask a Question