Things your cat just won't eat

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Yolanda, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Yolanda

Yolanda Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

Have you ever experienced that you bought a type of food for your cat and they just wouldn't eat it? I had this when I bought canned food with sardines. They absolutely hated it! One cat even threw up after eating it. The sardines where in pretty large chunks and they don't seem to like the taste of it (I doubt the chunks being the problem, I just thought adding details would be good).
    I never had this problem with chicken, tuna or other fish (fresh boiled or canned). Any other cats that don't like a specific type of food?

Yolanda, Dec 1, 2011
  2. Yolanda

Wahcashmom Well-Known Member

My cats will not eat 9lives food at all, they seem to get sick on it. They really are kind of picky, but I think I made them that way I guess. They really do like the wet cat food of Friskies, not really dry cat food cats.

Wahcashmom, Dec 2, 2011
  3. Yolanda

Micheleteresa Well-Known Member

Trinity is the only fussy kitty of all my kitty's, I had tried a lot of different wet and dry cat foods with her and at one point she had six different food bowls with six different cat foods in my attempt to find what she likes. I even tried Science Diet from the Vet and a canned food from the vet. The only food she will eat is Fancy Feast and even that she is picky with, has to be Fancy Feast Florentine or the Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers. I always leave dry food down but she just picks at it once in awhile, if i didn't change the dry food regularly it would take her a month to eat one bowl of it.

Micheleteresa, Dec 3, 2011
  4. Yolanda

magickat Well-Known Member

My cats are not fussy eaters at all but there is one particular type of Whiskas (original Supermeat) that none of them will eat. They like the other flavours available, but will not touch this one particular food so when I did buy it I ended up feeding it all to the strays outside!

magickat, Dec 7, 2011
    Yolanda likes this.
  5. Yolanda

MaxKitteh Well-Known Member

My cat really does not enjoy canned food, except he likes Evo well enough. He really loves raw food and Primal brand commercial raw food (all flavors). He also likes Iams dry but I know dry food is not good for cats in the long run.

MaxKitteh, Dec 7, 2011
  6. Yolanda

Belligerent Well-Known Member

My cat is very picky. She won't eat any treats besides Temptations, and nothing besides her cat food, most wet food, tuna, and sardines. Anything else I've tried to feed her, she turns her nose up to.

Belligerent, Dec 8, 2011
  7. Yolanda

Wallie0921 Well-Known Member

While trying to find out why Kiliamo was having digestive issues, I tried the Weruva Paw-Lickin' Chicken flavor. The twins just yummed it up, but Kiliamo refused to touch it, even when I mixed kibble in with it. I suspect it didn't smell dead enough for him.

Wallie0921, Dec 14, 2011
  8. Yolanda

steph84 Well-Known Member

My cats are usually not picky at all, but there was one time when my local market has Pounce treats on sale and I cleared the shelf with my coupons. I got them for a steal and then my cats refused to eat them! It was so horrible. I ended up donating the treats to my local no-kill cal shelter and they were very appreciative. At least some kitties got to enjoy the treats! I like to mix new food with old food when introducing a new brand. The cats don't like a harsh change in brands.

steph84, Dec 14, 2011
    Belligerent likes this.
  9. Yolanda

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Haven't found much that my cats won't eat. Mainly because my cats like to eat whatever I eat. Even carrots. Amazing, isn't it?

Victor Leigh, Dec 14, 2011
Ask a Question