Things They Never tell you when you get cats....

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Scottyxx, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Scottyxx

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

Not to be taken seriously, of course! But here are my observations!

1. Say Goodbye to Clean Windows! Who doesn't love nice little nose prints all over your glass, it lets the world know, Hey! I am a Kitten and I am here!

2. Nothing is out of reach. Oh let me just put this package of Tortilla wraps in the bread bin and go to bed...Mistake! You will take up to find two cats playing an intense game of Frisbee.

3. The name doesn't matter. Sure you start of with a nice name, and slowly and surely it becomes "Oh who's my little fluffy boo boo!"

4. Everything is cat food. See number 2. I once saw my cats transport a Pumpkin Pie. Now I say Transport because it was neither eaten or digested and was transported to the litter tray in near perfect condition.

5. Even if it don't fits, I sits. Laptop? Mine. Router? Mine. Tiny little box filled with garbage? Mine.

6. Bathroom breaks are a bonding activity. Who want's to pee alone anyway?

7. Cuddle time is all the time. What's that you want to sleep all night? I think not, wake up and pet me.

8. Everything is a cat toy, especially in the middle of the night. What's that you left a coat-hanger on the floor? Here let me play you the song of my people.

9. Holes in everything. Oh is that a nice new dress you are wearing? It would look so much better with some nice breathing holes, here let me help you.

10. Cat Hair, Cat Hair everywhere. Think of it this way, you'll always have a part of your kitten close to you at all times.

Scottyxx, Jan 22, 2013
  2. Scottyxx

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

Hilarious!! Tears in my eyes and down my face! I agree with all of this, even if it's a joke. We don't have a problem with number one in the house, but there are cat paw prints on my mom's car. (Her car is dark green and it's DIRT paw prints, so obvious!)
    Number 5 & 6 are my favorites! Dusty sits everywhere, even places that are too tiny. When things start falling off, he just looks at them. You also have to remove that cat from your lap so you can finish up in the bathroom and leave. Dusty has zero boundaries and I thought we were the only one with a boundary-less cat.

CinnamonKiss, Jan 23, 2013
  3. Scottyxx

You are not alone with Dusty, Bandit is a bathroom stalker too, he has no boundaries what so ever anymore!

Scottyxx, Jan 23, 2013
    CinnamonKiss likes this.
  4. Scottyxx

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I must be weird because I keep reading that other cat owners are bothered by their cats following them into the bathroom, but I'm used to it and don't really notice it. Like ,I'll turn the shower on, see Delores and think "Oh it's the cat again. Whatever." I think it's because my daughter sometimes talks to me through the bathroom door, so our bathroom boundaries are blurry anyway because we're all girls here.

ACSAPA, Jan 23, 2013
  5. Scottyxx

amberra824 Active Member

Number three definitely applies to me xD My cat's name is originally supposed to be Licorice, but I call her anything from 'Pretty Kitty' and 'Baby' (when I'm happy with her) to 'Fat Cat' (when I'm less than happy with her). My little sister keeps trying to re-name her Diamonds, and my brother swears that her name should be Useless Lump of Fur :p Number five and seven are kind of combined for my darling. I was home-schooled for my last two and a half years of high school, and I'd do my homework down in our furnished basement lying on my stomach on the pool table - don't ask me why, I'm weird like that. Since the basement is typically thought of as the cat's domain (to her, at least) she figured I was downstairs to pet and play with her. When I didn't pay her any attention, she became needy and sat down right on the book I was trying to work in and looked up at me as if to say, "I'll get off after you pet me for ten minutes." She's done the same thing when I'm trying to draw in my sketchbook, write in my notebooks, and type stuff on my laptop.

amberra824, Jan 23, 2013
  6. Scottyxx

shdws Well-Known Member

These are funny but true. My cat will sit on anything it wants to. It doesn't matter that he is much too big, he'll find a way. He doesn't follow me into the bathroom yet, or not that I've noticed lol.

shdws, Jan 23, 2013
  7. Scottyxx

My cats get different names during the day. Bandit gets, Bandit, Mr B Cat, Bandito, Bandito Dorito, Boo Boo, Fat Boy, Wee Man, Snuggle Buggle. Pussington gets, Pussington, Pusspuss, my wee darling, Sweetie pie, sweet potato, sweet potato fry, snuggle cat, my wee baby...I am surprised they know their names!

Scottyxx, Jan 24, 2013
  8. Scottyxx

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

Yes, yes, and yes! All of these apply to my kitties, things I never even thought of before I got them. They're very cute, and very worth it, but if someone who never had cats before took them I can see them being very, very unhappy. I'm just annoyed and amused!

blurinoctober, Jan 30, 2013
  9. Scottyxx

I agree I find cats very entertaining, funny, and so so worth all the stress. My guys give me the most love, and the most entertainment! Sometimes I cannot believe I got so lucky as to go pick up 2 cats, no pictures, for free off craigslist and they turn out to be the best cats ever!

Scottyxx, Jan 31, 2013
  10. Scottyxx

steph84 Well-Known Member

Oh, the clean windows! I clean them and they just put their cute little wet noses all over the windows again. They also love to jump on my new clean car and put dirty little paw prints all over that windshield. I can't even have a new bed comforter. They always rip it up!

steph84, Feb 5, 2013
  11. Scottyxx

The window thing annoys me so much! My cats are so big and clumsy the amount of window vases I have lost....I loose count! One day I was cleaning, and I was like why is my window so sticky!? Then I look round and see Pussington pawing the window, then licking where she pawed then smushing her face up against it. I'm like....WHATS WRONG WITH YOU?!

Scottyxx, Feb 6, 2013
  12. Scottyxx

jose26425 Member

I would like to add #11: Don't call me, I'll call you - Don't bother trying to pay attention or pet my cats unless they come to you. Try to pet them while they are calmly laying on the couch? Nope, not gonna happen. Pet them while you're trying to drink your morning coffee while reading the paper? You have no choice. They are big fans of "pay attention to me when I want you to...then go away when I'm done."

jose26425, Jun 4, 2013
  13. Scottyxx

jules Active Member

1,3and 11 definitely apply to my cat. It just loves sitting by the window looking out. If it is not looking out of the window, then it's definitely on the couch,lazing around. It's something I have gotten used to already after 4 years.

jules, Jun 4, 2013
  14. Scottyxx

Rachael Member

That they might run away when you first adopt one!!! Eeeeeek.

Rachael, Jun 5, 2013
  15. Scottyxx

I cannot believe how dirty my windows have become! Haha! I cannot keep up with cleaning them.

Now that it is summer time, I just open the windows at let them look out. Unfortunately, Pussington has worked out how to get the screens off the windows - and make a break for it, so I really need to watch her!

Scottyxx, Jun 6, 2013
  16. Scottyxx

Trellum Well-Known Member

They didn't tell me getting a cat would be a good training before I even thought of getting a baby of my own in the near future, hahaha. I know they are not quite the same, but some kitties are so hard to handle! My Bob is easy though ;)

Trellum, May 13, 2015
  17. Scottyxx

CherylTorrie Member

This is so true of most adult cats. "It's me time when I want me time and at no other time are you allowed to pet me or hold me or introduce me to friends." I can almost see my cats laughing at me when I want to show them off.

CherylTorrie, Nov 7, 2015
  18. Scottyxx

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

Those made me laugh. Something every cat owner can relate to. In reference to number one you can't have screens in your Windows either. All the screens in my Windows are clawed. I don't know how many times I have replaced them only to have them get destroyed again. Cats sure do keep you on your toes.

Susan Brown, Nov 8, 2015
  19. Scottyxx

p885 Member

They are definitely a lot of work but well worth it.

p885, Nov 13, 2015
Ask a Question