They Rearranged Their Entire Lives For Their Cats

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by ACSAPA, Sep 26, 2012.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I was reading this funny account of a family that completely rearranged their home and lives to accommodate their agile, fearless cats that engage in stupidly risky behaviors like jumping on a hot stove because they smell food, or climbing into a Pyrex dish of marinating tofu. I found this article relatable because a lot of owners of young cats have to deal with their crazy daredevil jumping and they have to lock up the breakables.

http://www.catster.com/cats-and-cleaning/cats-behavior-rearranged-home-lives

ACSAPA, Sep 26, 2012
  2. ACSAPA

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

I'm thankful that our cats are pretty skittish and don't do crazy stuff like this. The one occasionally likes to go running through the house at warp speeds, but she stays on the ground and doesn't run into anything.

OhioTom76, Sep 27, 2012
  3. ACSAPA

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

Mine used to jump onto the stove, thankfully they have been trained not to do that any more. Unfortunately they have an undying love of fire, my kitty grabbed a lit candle once, covered himself in wax...

Scottyxx, Sep 27, 2012
  4. ACSAPA

Jessi Well-Known Member

I think a lot of us have probably had to change things about our day to day lives and surroundings in order to keep our cats safe. Or well, our houses safe from destruction in some cases. I know I certainly have.

Jessi, Sep 28, 2012
  5. ACSAPA

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

Its mostly little things you do, that you don't even notice you are doing! Like not leaving food out, or not leaving plastic bags on the floor. For me at least, these are really small things that keep my cat safe. Also now I sleep with the door open so they can come in any time.

Scottyxx, Sep 28, 2012
Ask a Question