The Secret Life of Cats

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by steph84, Mar 28, 2013.

1. steph84

steph84 Well-Known Member

steph84, Mar 28, 2013
  2. steph84

snooks New Member

i would love to know about tracking cause my cat has been gone for one week and she has never been out before.im just sick. i cant imagine where she can be. but i want her home.

snooks, Mar 30, 2013
  3. steph84

Jessi Well-Known Member

Jessi, Mar 30, 2013
  4. steph84

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Someone in the comments on the article the OP posted, suggested that the device could be used to spy on people. I hope idiots don't ruin what is otherwise a good idea. It's cool to have a way to see what your cat gets up to during the day.
    I hope people don't start putting the device in their teen's backpack or husband's pocket.

ACSAPA, Apr 1, 2013
  5. steph84

BTCGuru81 Well-Known Member

My one outdoor cat, Midnight, has a second family. :p I've caught him going into one of the neighbor's down the street and sitting with them on warm days when they're on the porch. He also enjoys prowling about the brush nearby. I find briars and those little balls that are like velcro in his fur all the time in the summer.

BTCGuru81, Apr 3, 2013
  6. steph84

snooks New Member

well, no use tracking for me. my cat has been gone for 2 weeks now and i guess i;ll never know where she went. i sure miss her ... a lot

snooks, Apr 5, 2013
  7. steph84

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

Thats kinda cool, looking at the website, its pretty crazy how far the cat goes! No point in tracking mine, it would just be a huge blue dot on my bed haha!

Scottyxx, Apr 5, 2013
  8. steph84

BTCGuru81 Well-Known Member

Keep your head up and a dish of food on the porch. Back in the 90's I had a cat get out on me, declawed and everything. She was outside for the better part of a month. I never once saw her. Then, one day I came home from work, there she was meowing on the back porch by the door, waiting to come in. I can't promise you it'll work out that way but there's still room for hope. And I hope your friend returns to you.

BTCGuru81, Apr 5, 2013
  9. steph84

TheBrit Member

Cats will take up residence in different homes, although if it's the first time your cat has gone out I'm afraid it's doubtful.
    They need to get to know who they intend to move in with prior to actually moving.
    I have,had, two ferals which I started feeding as kitten cats. They are now eighteen months or so old. Being ferals they have always roamed and been left out at night. We are surrounded by different residential and tourist complexes so the chance of a car accident is extremely unlikely.

None-the-less ten days ago the black and white one failed to be waiting on the terrace in the morning and has not been seen since.
    I would hate to think of harm coming to him, he was my favourite, and like to think he has adopted a new home.

TheBrit, May 31, 2013
  10. steph84

Lilly&May Member

I think it would be supper interesting but I would also probably be mad because I know at least one of my cats chills in the neighbors garage and my cats probably cheat on me with other people!

But I am curious if they really do sleep all day ;)

Lilly&May, Jun 14, 2013
  11. steph84

Trellum Well-Known Member

This sounds like a really interesting device, but I'm not sure I'd be interested to know what Bob would be doing outdoors. He's an indoors cat after all, but even if he wasn't... I'd not be too interested, not interested enough to buy one of those devices... bet it got to be expensive!

Trellum, Oct 22, 2014
  12. steph84

maryannballeras Member

Well, fortunately in my case, my cat has never gone astray. She would roam around the neighborhood but she'd always come home. I don't know, maybe my cat has also become a home buddy just like me. I can't tell for sure.

maryannballeras, Dec 5, 2014
  13. steph84

erik Well-Known Member

I've watched a documentary with the same title and they tracked where all the cats went in a certain neighborhood. It turns out that they have a routine of patrolling their "area" and it sometimes results in a cat fight when they see other cats getting inside their zone

erik, Mar 14, 2015
  14. steph84

Anne Well-Known Member

You know what? I saw a documentary with scientist or people like that tracking rats or mice: I don't remember which, but I know they were not cats. Now I am seeing this, it could have saved my cat. A day does not go by that I don't wonder how my cat met his fate. A device could have served to let me know what was going out and possibly intervene before it was too late. I am guessing my Twinkle had a secret live and sadly it did not last long.

This thread as put some ideas in my head for the next time although I have a sneaky feeling that when I do get another cat it's going to be indoors or a cat on a leash which is a touchy subject.

Anne, Mar 18, 2015
Ask a Question