The difference between a dog and a cat

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Kay Dougall, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Kay Dougall

Kay Dougall Well-Known Member

A dog says, "my master feeds me, grooms me, takes care of me. He must be a god."
    A cat says, "my master feeds me, grooms me, takes care of me. I must be a god."

Kay Dougall, Dec 8, 2014
  2. Kay Dougall

Bloomsie Active Member

I would say the perspective of both cats and dogs are related to those two quotes very well. It's a very good way of describing the difference between the two! Though, I was fortunate enough to have a cat that's trained very much like a dog. Throughout his first six months with us, he was getting to know our dog, Roman (RIP) and learned all the ropes from him. So our cat listens to commands efficiently. It's great!

Thanks for sharing that wonderful and humorous quote though! Very enlightening!

Bloomsie, Dec 12, 2014
  3. Kay Dougall

Anne Well-Known Member

This is so cute and maybe true. My cat has passed but the short time he spent with me, he must have felt he was a God. I hate to admit it but I allowed him to get away with so much I couldn't believe it myself. I even allowed him to get away with not coming to me when called at times. My dogs on the other hand know to come whenever I say the word.

The obvious distinction was that my cat pretty much did what he wanted most times. He would go and come as he pleased. I regret, as he would still be alive today.

Anne, Dec 27, 2014
  4. Kay Dougall

pafjlh Well-Known Member

This is funny but I have to say there is some truth to this. Our dogs Buddy and Oso do treat us like we are good to them. Well, Oso does, Buddy I am not so sure about I think he feels he is a God to be honest.

Our cats on the other hand seem to have an entitlement about them. They seem to think that they are entitled to food at certain times. That they have to have both can and dry cat food. They seem to think of the bench in the front yard as theirs try sitting on it and they look at you like what are you doing on my bench. I know because I once went to sit there and Squggy looked at me this way. Its funny these cats started out as strays especially Pepper yet now they act like these things are entitled to them.

pafjlh, Feb 2, 2015
Ask a Question