The dark side of cats...

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by erik, Mar 20, 2015.

1. erik

erik Well-Known Member

erik, Mar 20, 2015
  2. erik

Trellum Well-Known Member

Lol, this is very funny! But I don't think that killing is bad at all, i mean, cats do keep mice population in check in some places. My in laws cat catches mice very often and eats them, even tho those people used to feed him dry, wet cat food, as well as some roast beef, shrimps or salmon once a day. Yup, those people are nuts.

In my country not even humans eat that well, lol, at least not most of them.

Trellum, Mar 25, 2015
  3. erik

erik Well-Known Member

I always find it fascinating and even cute when my cat catches small animals like rats and small insects. They usually play with them for a while and when they get tired, they leave them to die mutilated and injured...But now, come to think of it... it's kinda cruel! :eek:

erik, Mar 25, 2015
  4. erik

Anne Well-Known Member

You have me curious about where you live Trellum and you need to introduce me to the family that feeds the cats those delicacies. About the post; I was reading and thinking SERIAL KILLERS and then sure enough the label comes up. I have to confess I am sooooo scared of mice and the like that even when Twinkle turned up with a gift from outside I would be horrified. I also have to confess that because of Twinkle I felt much safer on the inside. When he was around I could be comfortable knowing no grasshopper, lizard or any other insect or creature could take me down. Twinkle was my protector and if that means he had a dark side, I liked his dark side plenty.

Anne, Mar 26, 2015
  5. erik

He brought you gifts? That is so sweet! Hehehe, that was his way to say I love you :3 Because in the mind of a cat, when he catches prey and bring it home, he or she is probably thinking is the greatest gift of all! Because he/she could have eaten it, but he/she prefers to bring it to you, so you eat it instead, lol. When I read that I stopped getting mad at Bob.

As for where I live, well my ''in laws'' live in the north of Europe :D I live there too, but I'm not originally from there. Hence it shocked me they fed the cat that (no longer do it, because the cat is eating mice outside very often).

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    Trellum, Mar 26, 2015
  6. erik

Anne Well-Known Member

:):D:D:D:D I go through so many emotions in this forum. I was just sad about Twinkle and now this is making me crack up. The cats have gone from salmon to "fine dining" on mice?:D:D. My poor Twinkle soon realized I had different "taste" in gifts so after about two or three gifts and a great amount of strange noises from me those gifts stopped. Well I guess it's about the time I started to let him stay out too much so only God knows what he was up to "in the dark of the night".

Anne, Mar 26, 2015
  7. erik

Yeah, I no longer have that issue with Bob, because he is no longer allowed out, but whenever I remember this I can't help but to smile!!! He loves me =D

Yeah, I think that cat is too wild. The thrill of hunting must be great. Eating mice is what made him get worms sticking out his butt in the first place, yuck! They forgot the deworming pill. Dirtiest people I have ever known.

Trellum, Mar 27, 2015
Ask a Question