The cat fight

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Anne, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Anne

Anne Well-Known Member

Has your cat ever been involved in a fight? Have you ever witnessed cats fighting? I have not but I wonder now Twinkle is gone if that had anything to do with his untimely death. I have heard the weird noises only once or twice since I have been in this area and I never knew if Twinkle was involved.

I just know that I have lost many a collar from around his neck. Often he would return home with the collar gone until I eventually stopped buying them. I never saw him with injuries so I will never know. What has been your experience or the experience of anyone you know?

Anne, Mar 12, 2015
  2. Anne

Katt Member

Cats fight over territory or over a mate. And the cruelest thing I have seen, a cat protecting her young. Males try to kill a cat's kittens so that she would go into heat again and mate with him. I saw my cat once defending her kittens and she was fierce. I have managed to grab the little ones in time and she beat the ****out of that unlucky Romeo:D.

Katt, Mar 13, 2015
  3. Anne

Trellum Well-Known Member

Well, I know a cat who fights a lot, truth is they rarely hurt each other badly, unless the other cat invades the other house (I saw that happen once, luckily the transgressor found his way out of there! He was an old and confused cat, but this other cat went nuts. He was chasing it all over the house, lol. For them it's all about protecting their territory.

Also bear in mind that when cats are mating... well, it actually sounds like a fight too.

Trellum, Mar 14, 2015
  4. Anne

Anne Well-Known Member

Really? About the mating. There are noisy?:oops: I think I might have heard loud noises and wondered about Twinkle. I did not have the talk with him so he had not right being sexually active. I remember one time hearing these loud noises and even though I could see nothing I felt like Twinkle was involved. Maybe it was that as I remember him behaving a little strange at one point. Maybe he couldn't face me.

Anne, Mar 14, 2015
  5. Anne

Hehehe, yeah, actually most of the times those noises are of the kitties mating, but most people can't tell the difference ;) Here: http://www.our-happy-cat.com/cat-mating.html They talk about the painful meouw they make when calling each other,

Trellum, Mar 15, 2015
  6. Anne

Anne Well-Known Member

Oh man. I never even knew this. I am here blaming myself again for not keeping him close. I should have had him fixed. My son has this theory he was probably annoying some other home with perhaps these mating noises and they probably poisoned him. You can't trust people but I also know we are just speculating and will never know for sure. I was too "ignorant" and careless. I should have held him close. I know so much more now after the fact.

Anne, Mar 17, 2015
  7. Anne

Oh my god!!!!! You really think someone could have done that? Actually that is what happened over here some years ago, hence I no longer let my cat out. One of our jerk neighbors poisoned ALL the cats from the neighborhood, because one of them was messing around with his stupid garden, so he killed them all off. I think he put some poisoned food outside his place. I was disgusted, but sadly over here they don't take that things so seriously... not like they do in the US.

Some people are so sick :( Please don't blame yourself, it's just the world we are living in... so many awful and heartless people! Those might not be so many, sometimes it seems like they are, but I like to believe there are more good and decent people than there are bad evil twisted ones.

Trellum, Mar 17, 2015
  8. Anne

Anne Well-Known Member

In the absence of any real proof it's all speculation. My husband theorized that it could be that Twinkle bothered some chickens at a house of a neighbor and he poisoned them. All kinds of things float around in our heads as Twinkle was in perfect health. Before I used to put up a lot of resistance to her going outside and when I was finally convinced and worried when I did not see her return in time, my husband would jokingly comment that Twinkle would never leave this happy home. He reasoned he would never give up such a life of luxury.

I honestly can't imagine someone wanting to hurt him if they saw what I saw in him. He did not have a fighting spirit. When I discovered very late that he was actually a boy I was amazed. He seemed so loving as we girls are.:):) I too like to think there are lots of good people still left in the world. Sadly some disappoint.

Anne, Mar 17, 2015
  9. Anne

I see you guys have a lot theories and almost all of them point to poisoning :( It's a shame, but if you ask me... it does sound suspicious your kitty died just like that. Some people just don't think about the poor soul they're going to kill, because all they think is about themselves :( Like that nasty man I told you about. It's sad, but other people don't see our pets the same we do.

If I'm honest with you, It took me a while to learn how to deal with disappointment, but I've already accepted it as a key part in my life, so when someone disappoints me it doesn't really come as a shocker anymore.

Trellum, Mar 18, 2015
  10. Anne

Anne Well-Known Member

The thread is about the cat fights but sometimes I think I need to "stop fighting" to change way people are. I have heard that my world does not exist.I keep expecting people to do the right things. I've been trying really hard to put the Twinkle scenario behind me but sometimes I get so sad and ANGRY (not my usual nature) about the whole scene

I had been the exact area a couple days before searching for my boy and there was no Twinkle in an open whole a few steps away. Then she turns up dead and smelling in a same area I had checked. An angel has to tell me she was not harmed by a human but like you suggested you just have to let things go.It's taking me longer than I expect and truth be told some days are better than others.

Anne, Mar 18, 2015
  11. Anne

Oh Anne, so sorry :( I hope the things I said didn't open an old wound? If they did, I'd like to apologize, it was NEVER my intention to do that. I hope you recover soon, maybe we should no longer talk about this, I'll not talk about those things anymore (poison man), because that might be making things worse. Sorry.

Trellum, Mar 19, 2015
  12. Anne

Anne Well-Known Member

:):) No worries. You personally always make me laugh but it's also my nature to get upset sometimes and explode on people who are cruel and unkind. The wonderful thing about me is that I don't stay mad for long unless there is something lingering on my chest/mind. I don't know if it makes any sense or if you understand what I am trying to say..

The Twinkle situation goes and comes. Some days I am fine and think of him and smile. Some days, I get sad and feel like running away but the forum has helped me. I just never knew it would have impacted on me in this way.

Continue to be your free spirited self. I love it. :)......About the cat fights, My Twinkle came across more as a lover than a fighter so maybe all of the noises I might have heard was mating.;)

Anne, Mar 19, 2015
  13. Anne

LOL, you are so funny! Yeah, let's think that, he had a lot fun and had a wonderful life :) That really matters! I hope people can say the same about me when I die: ''She had a lot fun and a wonderful life! She did enjoy her life!''. I hope they say it. because if so many people say it... odds are it was so obvious I did... that everyone could see it =D I hope that made sense!

I understand, I'm similar... I can't stand unkind and cruel people, specially people who try to humiliate fellow humans in public (sadly I'm related to someone like that). I despise that! Next time those people do that to me, I swear to G-d I might not be able to shut my mouth! Even if we are in public!

Lol, sorry I got carried away :) My point is... thank you, so do you :) Keep being your lovely and gracious self =D and rock on! I will too!

Trellum, Mar 20, 2015
Ask a Question