The Amazing Sunny Seat

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by HappyRocinante, May 7, 2012.

1. HappyRocinante

HappyRocinante Well-Known Member

I purchased two of these from my local Walmart a few months ago. As soon as I took them out of the box, the chemical odor made me worry. I assembled one of them and put it up but 20 minutes later I had to take it back down because the chemical smell was giving me a headache. I put both covers in the washer, because it says they are machine washable, and when I got them out the inside plastic coating was flaking AND the smell was still there. But I gave it one more go and set them both outside to air dry hoping the smell would dissipate in the process. Unfortunately it did not. I left them outside for a week and the smell was still just as strong as when I opened the box so I gave up and returned both.

Other than the smell I also noticed that the ledge is held up with a thin plastic strand stretching from the ledge itself to the top suction cup. I don't know about other cats, but my cats would have chewed it to pieces in a day. It would have fallen down with one of them in it no doubt.

I do not recommend this product to anyone. Even if you managed to get one that did not have that strong chemical smell, the thin plastic strand would concern me greatly.

HappyRocinante, May 7, 2012
Ask a Question