Technology for Cats Too! iPad Apps for Cats

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by QuatreHiead, Jul 1, 2012.

1. QuatreHiead

QuatreHiead Well-Known Member

So iPads are no longer just for humans. They are also for cats. I love downloading the JitterBug offered by Friskies. Purina also has a game that I haven't tried called Fishing for Cats. The best part is these are all free! That's right, free!

So if you own or a friend is over who owns an iPad and doesn't mind, I'd go ahead and see how your cat enjoys it.

One of my best friends I was visiting I let them have a go of it and it was adorable. Here are a couple of Youtube videos showing them in action. Her cats responded better to the laser pointer game, because they really like laser pointers, than they did the mouse game.

Laser Pointer Game:

Mouse Game:

It's funny how smart the cats in this one are, too smart. They immediately try going under the iPod.

Pond Fishing Game:

QuatreHiead, Jul 1, 2012
  2. QuatreHiead

tajnz Well-Known Member

I don't have an iPad, but I'm pretty sure there are similar or even the same applications available on Google Play for people who have android tablets. I have a Samsung Galaxy 10.1. I'm a bit wary of letting my cat play with it even though it has gorilla glass. Perhaps I'll find some strong screen protecters and put them on first, just for piece of mind. I imagine my cat will like these apps though. :)

tajnz, Jul 2, 2012
  3. QuatreHiead

Becky Well-Known Member

So cute! It definitely demonstrates how clever some kitties can be too :)

Becky, Jul 2, 2012
  4. QuatreHiead

QuatreHiead Well-Known Member

Yes indeed! I agree. I'm sure there are some of the same apps, likely by the same people. A lot of time they make the apps for both the Apple and Android market. ^__~ I would definitely look into getting some nice screen protectors. As a habit I left the protector on my iPad out of the case. I remember letting my friend's cats play with it, she asked if I wanted them to stop so they don't damage the screen. I told her I had the protective screening from when I purchased it so they were fine playing as long as they like. It took them a while to grow bored of it actually. Quite adorable. I should see if I have video of that....

QuatreHiead, Jul 3, 2012
  5. QuatreHiead

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

This is a wonderful idea. I mean wonderful for the people selling iPads. So how long would it be before the cat scratches the screen and the owner has to buy a new one?

Victor Leigh, Jul 3, 2012
  6. QuatreHiead

Jessi Well-Known Member

Victor, that would be my concern, too. One of my kitties is declawed and wouldn't harm it, of course. The other likes to play with her claws out half the time, though, and I'm afraid she'd try to grab onto the screen instead of just batting at it.

Jessi, Jul 6, 2012
  7. QuatreHiead

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Right, Jessi. I think those people who came up with that idea must have already done their homework and figured out how many cats had sharp claws. Then they calculated how many times it would take a cat to get bored with just batting the screen and start scratching it. I must say those guys can be creative when it comes to making money.

Victor Leigh, Jul 7, 2012
  8. QuatreHiead

Jessi Well-Known Member

Ha. I think you give them far too much credit, Victor. More likely, those "people games" like Fruit Ninja were simply enjoyed by the cats when they were near their owners, hehe.

Jessi, Jul 7, 2012
  9. QuatreHiead

Jessi Well-Known Member

Jessi, Mar 4, 2013
  10. QuatreHiead

wahmed Active Member

I would be way to scared to give my iPad yo the cats. What if they broke it. Besides their so possessive I know I'd never be allowed to touch it again.

wahmed, Mar 23, 2015
  11. QuatreHiead

Trellum Well-Known Member

That looks like a nice thing, at least if you want to entertain a cat for a bit, but I don't think the novelty would last and I'd be kinda worried about the iPad getting scratches. But it surely is fun to see your cats chasing those pixels, hehehe.

Trellum, Mar 28, 2015
Ask a Question