Talking Cats

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Susan Brown, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Susan Brown

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

My daughter has a cat that says "Hello". She was sleeping one night and in the middle of the night she keep hearing somebody say "Hello." She said "Hello". She thought somebody must have came into her apartment. She asked "Who is it?" and there was no answer. All she kept hearing was "Hello." She got out of bed and went out in the living room and there is her cat. She looks at my daughter and says, "Hello." She was a bit freaked out when she realized it was the cat. The cat has done it a number of times since then but whenever she tries to get a video of course the cat won't do it.

So I was just wondering, does anybody else have a cat that talks?

Susan Brown, Sep 10, 2015
  2. Susan Brown

Trellum Well-Known Member

I have heard cats that do sound a bit like they are talking, but not much. Not to the point I think they talk :O But I have heard about talking dogs, lie ''Misha''. It's an Alaskan malamute that used to be very famous some years ago on YouTube. I think that breed of dogs is very vocal! I'm sure some breeds of cats are more vocal than others as well.

Trellum, Sep 11, 2015
    Susan Brown likes this.
  3. Susan Brown

My little grand dog use to say "I love you.". It was adorable. He was a black pig. Cutest little thing you ever seen. His life ended way too soon. He got this terminal disease that nly pugs get when he was two years old. They spent thousands of dollars to try and help him but in the end there was nothing they could do. We were all heartbroken. He was a special little guy.

Susan Brown, Sep 12, 2015
  4. Susan Brown

@Susan Brown So sorry to hear about your loss, that is terrible, I hope he didn't suffer for too long? I think I have heard about a disease that affects pugs, is it the one that is linked to the shape of their faces? I'ts been a long time since I read about that, so I might be far off. I also had a pug, by the way, but she died 2 years ago.

Trellum, Sep 13, 2015
  5. Susan Brown

What he had was called Pug Dog Encephalitis (PDE). It is a rare condition that is unique to Pugs. It is an inflammation of the dog’s brain. This usually occurs when the dog is two to three years old and the symptoms hit suddenly. Symptoms include seizures, pacing in circles and loss of muscle coordination. There are two forms of PDE, slow progressive and rapid progressive. Oscar had the rapid progressive There was little recovery period between his seizures. There is no cure so he had to be put down. We all got to say our good byes and hold him before he was gone. It was a devastating time for us. He was so young. :(

Susan Brown, Sep 13, 2015
  6. Susan Brown

Ahh, that one! i think I had heard about it before, I read a lot things when I got my female pug as a gift. I knew nothing about the breed back then, still now I don't know that much about it? Mine was all black. Sorry about your loss, he was just 2 years old? I feel so sorry he didn't get to enjoy the time with your family longer, it's always so sad when someone goes so quick.

Trellum, Sep 14, 2015
    Susan Brown likes this.
  7. Susan Brown

Yes he was so young. It was their first dog and he was spoiled! They were devastated. They didn't think they would ever get another dog but now they have Myles. He is a boston terrier and he is so bad. He is always getting himself int trouble. lol

Susan Brown, Sep 14, 2015
  8. Susan Brown

Terriers have a bad rep ;) They are famous for being so full of mischievousness, always digging holes and harassing little critters. Does he ever bother the cats? I have a friend who has a little fox terrier, and let me tell you... those terriers might be small, but they are so fast and seem to be all over the place. I'm glad your kids have gotten over the loss of their loved friend, as a kid the death of your first pet is so hard.

Trellum, Sep 15, 2015
  9. Susan Brown

He is actually scared of the cats. They have a cat and she kind of put him in his place so to speak..lol. She just has to look at him now and he's gone. Oh ya he is all over the place. When I go to visit him. He is all over me. Licking and kissing. It is too cute! He keeps them on their news. They have a 10 month old little boy and he is very protective of him. It is cute to see them together.

Susan Brown, Sep 22, 2015
  10. Susan Brown

Novelangel Active Member

My kitty talks with her eyes. She's not much of a meow-er and seldom purrs very loud. She can make her point very well with just a simple look straight into my eyes. Unlike most cats I've known, she doesn't look away when I stare back at her. That's kind of weird and probably sends the wrong message to her because I tend to look away first as I don't have all day to gaze into her eyes.

Novelangel, Apr 13, 2016
Ask a Question