Tail Chasing!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by logicalmale, Nov 26, 2011.

1. logicalmale

logicalmale New Member

Do any of your cats chase their tails?

My only cat does and it's absolutely adorable.

The other day, she was on the kitchen table and her tail started flicking around, and she was eyeing it off, before eventually pouncing at it and falling off the table. My family cracked up laughing because we were all sitting around when it happened.

Any stories from you guys?

logicalmale, Nov 26, 2011
  2. logicalmale

Shole Member

This is a bit wierd usualy a dog chases his tails, but I dunno my cant never did anything like that :)

Shole, Nov 26, 2011
  3. logicalmale

logicalmale New Member

It's not weird in the slightest, cats do it all the time. o_O

logicalmale, Nov 26, 2011
  4. logicalmale

Micheleteresa Well-Known Member

One of my Kitty's, Edge, keeps himself and my son and I pretty amused chasing his tail! It is very funny when he tries to pounce on it and it gets away, I always wonder if he realizes it is his own tail he is trying to pounce on.

Micheleteresa, Nov 26, 2011
  5. logicalmale

Yolanda Well-Known Member

It looks really amusing, and I've heard several theories about it. I am not sure which one is true.
    The first thing I've heard that when a cat or dog is chasing his or her tail, this is a sign of anxiety and stress. The second thing I heard is that when they are chasing their tail it's just playful behavior and not harmful at all. I guess it depends on the frequency and whether or not the cat is in a playful mood already. I am weary of that because I think it's a bad sign if they keep doing it and seemed occupied with their tail a lot.

Yolanda, Nov 26, 2011
Ask a Question