Stray cat gave birth inside my apartment!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by erik, Mar 13, 2015.

1. erik

erik Well-Known Member

There is this cute but scrawny gray stray cat who follows me around up to the fifth floor of my apartment because I always give her some cat treats by the time she reaches the door. Sometimes I let her inside and play around with her a bit. Recently, cat just started bleeding after she got inside and started looking for dark corners and tight places... Then she found some magazine rack and 30 minutes later she gave birth to two kittens! Now I'm a proud father to two kitties :)

erik, Mar 13, 2015
    Laurelbell likes this.
  2. erik

Trellum Well-Known Member

Awwww how cute!!!! Are you keeping those kittens or giving them away? Two kittens sound like a lot of work! But it can definitely be done if you want to :) Best of luck with your kitties, whatever you decide to do, even if you don't keep them, please make sure you find them a new home.

Trellum, Mar 14, 2015
    erik likes this.
  3. erik

erik Well-Known Member

Yup I'm gonna keep 'em! I live in a fifth floor apartment and sometimes the mother leaves them and goes outside the problem is she can leave through the window but has trouble getting back in. And I don't think she knows the way back unless she sees me in the first floor then she goes on to follow me up to the fifth and makes her way inside through the door.

erik, Mar 15, 2015
  4. erik

pafjlh Well-Known Member

Well, congratulations on your new arrivals. I know what its like to have a stray cat attach themselves to you. That's what happened in my family, Pepper came along attached herself to us. Now two litters later we have five cats her two surviving daughters and two sruviving sons. This is advice I can give you get these cats fixed. Take my word on it, you don't want your apartment over run with cats, because these can breed every 45 days once they enter a heat cycle within a year Pepper had two litters and that was only going from spring to summer. No telling what would of happened had we not had her fixed along with her two daughters. As for her sons well right now we are like let them go spread their wild oats as long as they don't take in the kittens, male cats seldom do.

pafjlh, Mar 15, 2015
  5. erik

erik Well-Known Member

Ok I hope the two kittens are male so I don't have to worry about over population in my house. They would just grow up one day and go do their own stuff spreading their genes in anyway they can on other neighborhoods. Like real men do haha

erik, Mar 16, 2015
  6. erik

Trellum Well-Known Member

Awww! That sounds so sweet! She sounds a bit lost from the way you described her tho, do you think she is a very old cat? She sounds a bit like it. Anyway, I hope she is feeling and looking better now (not bloated anymore). Keep us posted, would love to see a pic of your kittens =D

Trellum, Mar 16, 2015
  7. erik

wahmed Active Member

What a good guy! I'm sure they will be one of the best things you did. Perhaps take the mum up a few times to get her trained to the directions.

wahmed, Mar 20, 2015
  8. erik

erik Well-Known Member

Update: The two kittens are now about a week and a half old and they are so cute and chubby they are having a hard time standing up on all fours! Haha.,. Probably because they got all their mother's milk and have no competition compared to other cats having 4 to 5 kittens. I'll post some pics soon when I get my camera phone fixed:)

erik, Mar 22, 2015
  9. erik

Laurelbell New Member

awww that is just too cute! You are such a gentle soul! The world needs more people like you! I too have taken in some strays and they are the best kitties! I rescued a litter (3 kittens) about 2 years ago. They are amazing and have made my life wonderful! So fun to watch them run around and play. My oldest cat, well, she wasn't too thrilled to have 3 babies running around, but she got used to them and they have a bond like no other. We have been feeding 2 cats that hang around our house. One recently became a mommy, but I don't know where she gave birth, and I haven't seen her in like a week. I cannot wait to see the pictures of your beautiful little fur babies!!!

Laurelbell, Mar 22, 2015
Ask a Question