Strange facts about cats

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Trellum, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

A tiny, but very cute collection of strange cat facts you might or might not be aware of ;)

[​IMG]

Trellum, Sep 11, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  2. Trellum

MER Well-Known Member

Cats eyes make a lot of sense now. No wonder my cats lean towards my wife. I'm jealous. I'm the cat lover of the family!

MER, Sep 11, 2015
  3. Trellum

Awww! Sorry to hear that! But I do wonder why cats answer better to women? I think it all goes down to the voice tone you have, I think most cats are very sensitive to that. Women just tend to be a little bit more sweeter sounding, cats really like that. They can be so picky when you call them, only coming if they feel like it and so n :p

Trellum, Sep 12, 2015
  4. Trellum

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

My cats must be the odd ones..lol because they seem to be more attractive to my fiance. They are always snuggling up to him and crawling all over him. The funny thing is he never was a cat person until we got ours. I have always been a cat person. I know they love me too though. <3

Susan Brown, Sep 12, 2015
  5. Trellum

@Susan Brown Awww, really? I have dated very few men who defined themselves as cat people when we first met, but most of the times they ended up feeling so charmed by my Bob, because he is super social and sweet :) I think it's great your fiance loves your cats, I had a problem with a guy because he didn't want my cat :(

Trellum, Sep 13, 2015
  6. Trellum

Every time I read your cat's name I have to smile. My fiance's name is also Bob. Yes having a man that loves cats is awesome. If somebody didn't like my cats I wouldn't be with them. They are my family.

Susan Brown, Sep 13, 2015
  7. Trellum

I tried to make things work with that guy, but didn't. I have noticed the really nice men like animals in general. One of my worst exes didn't like cats or dogs at all. He had the shortest temper ever! By the way, that is very nice :) When are you guys getting married?

Trellum, Sep 14, 2015
    Susan Brown likes this.
  8. Trellum

MER Well-Known Member

I think cats pick and choose who they want to be around and loving to. I'm a cat person and I dated this one girl who had 2 cats. She told me, don't worry about them, they don't like anyone. Before I left that night, I had two new friends in my lap. She was floored.

My wife not being a cat person for the most part yells and mis-treats the cats trying to punish them like her dogs she had years back. She's deaf to my voice and ignores what I have to say. Oddly enough, Gemma still cuddles up to her.

Rosco, my little buddy, my wife is demanding I find a new home for him. Gemma is extremely jealous of Rosco and has distanced herself mostly from me but has an attitude over-all because of the new kitten. Gemma has been the resident for nearly a year and Rosco's been around about 3 weeks now. It's a sad day in my cat world.

MER, Sep 14, 2015
  9. Trellum

We haven't really set a date yet but we are thinking next fall. We will probably just go away somewhere and getting married.
    Nothing fancy just a simple ceremony.

Susan Brown, Sep 14, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  10. Trellum

@Susan Brown That is nice :) You can save the money of the wedding and use it for something more useful, like furniture or a nice honeymoon trip ;) I plan to do the same if everything goes well with my treatments :) Congrats on your upcoming wedding! It's indeed a very exciting time in any woman's life :)

Trellum, Sep 15, 2015
  11. Trellum

Oh no :( Are you going to get rid of him? I hope you don't have o and you can convince your wife :( It sounds like you guys have quite a few arguments over the cats, or am I wrong? I'm so glad my fiance is kinda a cat person, he definitely prefer the idea of owning a cat owning a dog. Mostly because in the Netherlands you have to pay a tax of 70 euros a year if you own a dog.

Trellum, Sep 15, 2015
  12. Trellum

MER Well-Known Member

I'm happy to report that my wife re-considered. I came home yesterday at lunch to take the little guy back to the lady we adopted from. My wife said no way! She's more of a cat person than she thinks she is. :p

MER, Sep 15, 2015
    Herman&Eddie and Susan Brown like this.
  13. Trellum

@MER I'm so happy to read that!!! I hope she doesn't change of mind :) Maybe she is getting a really soft spot for that one kitty :) I wish my mom had that same change as well, but that would be asking too much :p Great news :D

Trellum, Sep 15, 2015
  14. Trellum

MER Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm very happy about Rosco staying. He purrs and is very affectionate towards me unlike his big step-sister!

MER, Sep 15, 2015
    Susan Brown likes this.
  15. Trellum

So glad to hear about your cats MER. I am glad that your wife came around and realized that she did love your kitties. I would be devastated if I had to choose. I am pretty sure that my cats would win though. As much as I love my finance I could never get rid of my kids. Makes me sad just thinking of it. :(

Susan Brown, Sep 15, 2015
  16. Trellum

MER Well-Known Member

I'm happy about it too Susan. I know what you mean about emotions too. Just reading articles on how it's time to put a pet down due to health or age related illnesses brings tears to my eyes.

My oldest brother brought a parot home for the xmas holidays one year when I was in grade school. For whatever reason, the poor thing died on us on xmas eve. The whole family was in tears that year. To this day we don't know what caused that sudden death but I'll never forget it.

MER, Sep 15, 2015
  17. Trellum

That is really sad MER. Yes strange things like that happen when you have pets. You don't always know the answers. I can only imagine how sad that Christmas must have been.
    We don't take long to get attached to our animals. They instantly become family and it is so hard when something happens to them.

Susan Brown, Sep 15, 2015
  18. Trellum

@MER Are you living in a cold place? If that is the case there is a big chance that poor thing couldn't stomach well the temp change. Birds are very prone to certain viruses that are not hard to catch at all, specially if their immune system is weakened due recent changes. Maybe it was stress. I recently read stress is as bad as second hand smoke for your body D:

Trellum, Sep 16, 2015
  19. Trellum

MER Well-Known Member

I'd probably rack it up to stress. We were living in Japan at the time and I'm sure the bird had already adjusted to the environment. I know they can live for very long periods of time and it's life was cut short. It also could have been a failure to feed it a proper diet. I know birds need some sort of gravel mix to help them process what they eat. This all happened back in the early '70's so I don't recall all the details of how it was cared for.

MER, Sep 16, 2015
  20. Trellum

@MER I think it was stress as well, have you heard that stress kills? I had a very bad bout of stress lately, and let me tell you it's awful. Stress does lower your body defenses, and it's much worse with little animals like birds and fish, it ends up killing them. That is how several of my fish died :(

Trellum, Sep 17, 2015
Ask a Question