Staring At That Pesky Blank Spot on the Wall.

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Novelangel, May 22, 2016.

1. Novelangel

Novelangel Active Member

My kitty loves to do this... just sit in one spot and stare at... nothing. She may be listening to something going on in another apartment, or maybe there's a bird outside singing, far enough away that I can't hear it. My personal favorite thing that she does is when she tracks something from one place to another in the room, even swiveling her head to watch it. Naturally, I see nothing, which creeps me out to no end. I call it kitty-vision, and it seems to be her favorite show, which usually culminates with her pouncing on the invisible intruder and munching upon it happily. My cat either locates, catches and eats the tiniest bugs in the world, or she has a great imagination... one or the other. ;)

Novelangel, May 22, 2016
    CrazyCatLady74 likes this.
  2. Novelangel

Valerie Active Member

One of my older cats, Abigail, does the same thing. When she was outdoor cat (in her much younger years), she'd sit outside for hours just staring into the distance. I started calling her, "The Sentinel," because nothing fazed her. Loud noises, the next door neighbor, the dog, no matter what happened around her, she was still and content. Now that she's indoors permanently, she'll sit on the rug in the living room, glaring at the couch. That no one is sitting on. Sometimes I wonder if there's something happening inside that sofa that I don't want to know about...like pest infestation.

Valerie, May 22, 2016
    CrazyCatLady74 and Novelangel like this.
  3. Novelangel

Novelangel Active Member

Ooh, yeah. That would be pretty disturbing. My cat will stand on the back of the sofa and claw at the wall. I don't know if she's listening to something that lives inside the wall or if she just likes the sound of claws scraping on drywall. :eek: I can personally do without that sound myself, but you know how cats are. ;)

Novelangel, May 29, 2016
  4. Novelangel

Trellum Well-Known Member

They say that cats and dogs can hear (and possibly see) things we don't see, and that is a fact. So maybe she is paying attention to something you can't hear or see, after all we humans are limited to a few frequencies that are audible to us, cats and dogs have access to more.

Trellum, May 29, 2016
    CrazyCatLady74 and Novelangel like this.
  5. Novelangel

CrazyCatLady74 Member

I believe in the unseen as in ghosts and I also believe that animals can see things that we humans can't. In the last place my family and I lived it had something going on there. We would see shadows walking between rooms and things would move on the kitchen counter by it self and the blinds would move off and on and there was no window open so there was no breeze. Once in a while my two cats that I still have would just stare into space and their fur would stand on end and eventually they would run off or hiss. So I am thinking that they were seeing what was haunting our house. The house we live in now seems pretty mellow but once in a while all three of my cats start acting weird like they are looking at something and I think to myself, "Not again." I think animals are a great way to tell whether there is any type of strange activity going on.

CrazyCatLady74, May 29, 2016
    Novelangel likes this.
  6. Novelangel

Novelangel Active Member

Oh, I'm quite positive that she is hearing and seeing stuff that I can't. She's watching the world's tiniest bugs fly about, and listening to the drone of their wings. She's also listening to the downstairs neighbors screaming at each other all day long and loud music being played upstairs. Now those last two things I can hear as well, but nowhere near as clearly as she can. Poor kitty, I can only imagine the cacophony of sound she must endure each day.

Novelangel, Jun 16, 2016
  7. Novelangel

Novelangel Active Member

Personally, I don't believe in ghosts as such. I think all hauntings are demonic spirits, which is why I prefer not to give them the time of day. I'm sorry that your homes over the years have been filled with bad spirits that have tried to scare you. I have done some research into this subject many times in the past, (as I like writing thrillers) and I tend to believe that we give the evil spirits more power when we allow them to interfere in our lives. We don't have to give them access to our homes and our lives. We don't have to allow them to bother our pets, either. We can have complete control over them if we have the faith to do so.

Novelangel, Jun 16, 2016
  8. Novelangel

CrazyCatLady74 Member

Thanks for your reply. I do agree that there are bad spirits (demonic spirits) and I believe that if a person does not show their fear than the spirit does not have the power to exist. Evil spirits do feed off of peoples fear. I had to learn that the hard way.

CrazyCatLady74, Jun 23, 2016
    Novelangel likes this.
Ask a Question