Stalking you

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Jessi, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Does your cat stalk you? I don't mean like in the picture, but does s/he follow you around the house? Or peek around the corners at you, watching what you're doing, but not actually being right up on you?

Jessi, Nov 16, 2012
  2. Jessi

Yolanda Well-Known Member

Yes, one of my cats does this all the time. When I look across the room she will be looking at me with her big round eyes, or out of nowhere she will be lurking around the corner. When I spot her she purrs and snuggles against the item she is sitting on her behing, like we're playing hide and seek and she's saying: "yay, you spotted me". One of my other kitties is blind and he will purr or meow to locate where I am. He's so focussed on sound that he will know the minute I get up and move around the house. He doesn't stalk but he is actually right up on me most of the time ;-)

Yolanda, Nov 17, 2012
  3. Jessi

steph84 Well-Known Member

My cat stalks me in the front yard. I have to make sure he is inside or he will follow me when I go for walks. I once found him following me a block away from our home. I was so scared because he crossed a busy street all by himself and I didn't want him to get used to going to that site of the neighborhood.

steph84, Nov 20, 2012
  4. Jessi

mimisweb Member

Cute photo, Jessi! I can relate. My cat seems to love to be in the mix, so it seems like wherever I go she is there. If I'm folding fresh laundry, she's rolling in the warmth of them. If I'm cooking, she's hanging around hoping something will drop from the pot. If I'm on my laptop, she's reaching for my hand as I click on the mouse. When it's bedtime, what better place to be than at the foot of the bed? Cats are such great company!

mimisweb, Nov 20, 2012
  5. Jessi

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

Bandit is my stalker, he will not leave me alone at all. As I go around the house doing my daily business he is always 1 step behind me. Even when I shower, he jumps in with me! He scratches the bathroom door if I lock it, and in bed he has to sleep either on my feet or on my chest....quite attached he is!

Scottyxx, Nov 20, 2012
  6. Jessi

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

It depends on Sibyl's mood. Sometimes she'll stalk me constantly, push her face up against mine when I notice her, purr on my lap, etc. Other times she'll avoid me entirely. She's so back and forth with no middle, but it is entertaining to watch.

blurinoctober, Nov 30, 2012
  7. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Not really sure if any of my cats do stalk me. That's mainly because I don't move around much in the house. And the house is quite small. So they can, more or less, watch me from wherever they are in the house.

Victor Leigh, Dec 2, 2012
    blurinoctober likes this.
  8. Jessi

MER Well-Known Member

Our kitties are stalkers but not so much when both my wife and I are up. Gemma and I use to play hide and sneak before Rosco came around. I chase Gemma into a room and then walk out and hide behind a door or something. She'd come out looking for me and then I'd jump at her and chase her to another room. Sometimes she'd know where I'm at and other times I'd trick her and make her find me.

MER, Sep 22, 2015
  9. Jessi

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

My cats are always stalking me. There is a chair at the end of my bed that Harley will sit on and stare at me the whole time I am on the computer.
    Merle lays by the bedroom door and watches everything I do. If I get up to go to the kitchen, the two of them will follow me and when I go back to
    the bedroom, there they are again in their usual spots. It's too funny!

Susan Brown, Sep 23, 2015
Ask a Question