Spaying a Cat Can help prevent Illness.

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by pafjlh, Jan 19, 2015.

1. pafjlh

pafjlh Well-Known Member

I have to say that this is an interesting thing I found out yesterday. Someone was talking online about the fact that Spaying a pet including a cat can not only prevent them from breeding but also keep them from developing other health issues. There is a chance that without spaying a cat that they could end up with an ovarian cyst or cancer.

I found an informative article that goes into this in more detail:

http://pets.thenest.com/feline-cats-sick-not-spayed-7160.html

So, apparently there is another reason to have our cats spayed when they are around six months old. Not only does it stop them from going into the heat cycle but it could help them to also keep from developing other illnesses later in life.

pafjlh, Jan 19, 2015
  2. pafjlh

Trellum Well-Known Member

It is the same with dogs, sadly we learnt the hard way with my grandma's little dog, she never spayed nor ever let her mate even once. God, I miss her so much, she was such a sweet little dog, she was my favorite part of visiting my grandmother! She was such a sweet little thing, to think i never really appreciate her so much, because i was so young and took her love for granted.

Trellum, Feb 2, 2015
Ask a Question