South African Greetings

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Noxide, May 3, 2012.

1. Noxide

Noxide New Member

Never in my life did I think I would be writing in a forum about cats, but here I am. Writing in a forum about cats. :confused:

I have four of the little buggers, and I love them all.

Noxide, May 3, 2012
  2. Noxide

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Welcome, Noxide. So how's the situation in South Africa? Is it a cat-friendly country?

Victor Leigh, May 3, 2012
  3. Noxide

Becky Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums! We're a friendly bunch, hope you enjoy it here :)

Becky, May 4, 2012
  4. Noxide

Mystique Well-Known Member

Hi Victor, I don't think Noxide has ever returned to the forum :D

I hope you don't mind my answering your question - I moved from KL to Cape Town about 2 years ago and my initial thought was that it would be full of dogs :D Well, turned out that it is full of all kinds of animals from springboks to ostriches to zebras and many more. I was so fascinated that I came across springboks when I was on my way to fetch my stepkids!

Anyway, yes, South Africa is a cat-friendly country. In almost every household (in my area, anyway), you could easily find at least, two cats. There is a monthly event by the animal shelters in my area where they give away cats - vaccinated and all. However, they would interview the interested parties before handing the cat over :D

Mystique, Jun 20, 2012
    Victor Leigh likes this.
  5. Noxide

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Thank you for your answer. It gives me a better impression of South Africa. Previously I had been on a forum dedicated to South Africa and it was full of horror stories about rapes and robberies. If South Africa is that cat-friendly, you might consider starting a Persian cat farm.

Victor Leigh, Jun 22, 2012
Ask a Question