Solar Butterfly

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by CinnamonKiss, Jan 5, 2013.

1. CinnamonKiss

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

Have any of you heard of this or own one?
    [​IMG]
    Available on Amazon!
    I came across a youtube video with a pet owner playing with her cats with one and had to know more. It's actually a garden or yard object but others have been using it as a cat toy. (Check out some of the reviews on amazon!:p ) I know this thing would drive Dusty nuts, he would love that it moves so realistically and he enjoys catching wildlife. It would also be good for cats who can't hunt during the winter. (Or since Dusty is still being weird about going outside, it would give him a place to get rid of some energy.) I'm trying to convince my mom to order one but I'll probably end up paying for it.

CinnamonKiss, Jan 5, 2013
  2. CinnamonKiss

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

That is really neat looking and I like that it can be used doubly! It'd probably rarely go in my yard, but the idea is a very nice one. Alice would love this as a toy. One of these days I may just buy it for her.. I would get something for Sibyl, but she's too proud. If I buy her a toy she likes and Alice so much as touches it she will never play with it again. Silly, silly cat!

blurinoctober, Jan 6, 2013
  3. CinnamonKiss

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

If we got one I don't think we would use it much as a yard ornament either simply because Dusty would never leave it alone! I agree, it is a nice idea and they should double market it and increase their sales and the joy of cats everywhere. :p Silly Sibyl, Alice hasn't hurt anything! At least she is proud, typical cat. :) Sassy doesn't play so we wouldn't have that problem of sharing. The dog likes to steal the cat toys, so that's where our problem lies!

CinnamonKiss, Jan 6, 2013
  4. CinnamonKiss

Jessi Well-Known Member

I have never seen these before!

I think it would be great for cats, though. They always love jumping around and chasing things through the air. It'd be very pretty in a garden, too.

Jessi, Jan 6, 2013
  5. CinnamonKiss

steph84 Well-Known Member

This is so neat and will help keep my cat active outdoors. He does love to chase butterflies, but spends his days sleeping if there is nothing for him to hunt. He is getting quite chubby so this will keep him entertained and fit.

steph84, Jan 23, 2013
    CinnamonKiss likes this.
  6. CinnamonKiss

mariposa Well-Known Member

I may have to get one of these for our garden area! The cat is strictly indoors so she wouldn't be playing with it, but I know she'd love it if she could because she sure does enjoy watching butterflies. :)

mariposa, May 12, 2013
Ask a Question