Snort and Snores and Wheezing, Oh My!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by mariposa, May 1, 2013.

1. mariposa

mariposa Well-Known Member

What kind of unique or totally strange sounds does your cat make?
    Sometimes ours actually makes snoring sounds... it was so funny the
    first time we heard it! It's like "Is she *SNORING?!"

And then sometimes it's almost like allergy wheezes... and the snorts
    when she's bathing. I've heard that cats have many different meow and
    purr sounds, but there are also all those "other" noises they make!

mariposa, May 1, 2013
  2. mariposa

CatFour Active Member

One of mine snores too when she is in a sound sleep. The first time I heard her, I didn't know what it was because I had never heard a cat snore before. Another one of my cats makes a weird sound that reminds me of a hiccup. I don't know maybe that's what he is doing. The first time I heard him do that, I thought something was wrong with him. Another cat of mine howls, especailly when he is frightened. Which I guess isn't too weird, but the other ones don't do it, so it's weird for me.

CatFour, May 2, 2013
  3. mariposa

mariposa Well-Known Member

Isn't it great how they each have their own sounds!? I know those snores are so funny when they happen.

That may be hiccups he's doing, yes. :) Ours doesn't get them often, but I've been noticing lately that she gets them after purring very deeply for a while. Luckily they don't last long, but I always hate to see something like that happening that she can't control or stop.

mariposa, May 5, 2013
  4. mariposa

wahmed Active Member

Mine hisses its hilarious. I know cats do it when their angry, but mines made it a game. She gave kittens when my little girl had just learnt ti speak. She was 1.5 and she used to meow at the kittens. My cat began to hiss. So did my daughter. Kids are like monkeys. Its turned into a game since.

wahmed, Mar 17, 2015
  5. mariposa

Trellum Well-Known Member

LOL, I love to hear my Bob snoring! It's also funny when his farts are loud, those make me and my mom laugh a lot! He sometimes make a very funny purring sound, that sounds as if he was trying to utter a word or something like that, it's so funny!

Trellum, Mar 18, 2015
Ask a Question