Sleeping in weird holes/bowls/boxes

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Jessi, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What is it about cats and trying to sleep in things that are too small to actually hold them? Does your cat do this? I think all of mine have always done this, so it's gotta just be a "cat thing," right?

Jessi, Sep 28, 2012
  2. Jessi

andrew320 Well-Known Member

Yes, our cats sleep in anything that has a hole in it. When I ordered a couple of items and it came in the mail, right away one of the boys went to go to sleep in it. When our other guy tried infiltrating the box, Max, the habitant, attempted to defend the box and hit the other.

They sleep everywhere they can. I don't understand it myself, but it provides us endless entertainment and it's hilarious!

andrew320, Sep 29, 2012
  3. Jessi

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

We discovered the other day that our cat loves to sleep in those reusable grocery store bags. Every time we bring home groceries and are putting them away, she jumps up on the table, climbs inside and goes to sleep.

I was thinking the other day I might make some kind of play sculpture out of a bunch of empty boxes we have in the basement. Probably cut some holes in them and hot glue them together so they can run through it or hide away for a nap and some privacy.

OhioTom76, Sep 29, 2012
  4. Jessi

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

It's easier to explain with pictures.....

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Scottyxx, Sep 30, 2012
  5. Jessi

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Maybe it makes them feel cozy and snug, like sleeping with their mother.
    That first cat curled up in the log looks kind of like a fetus. Maybe it's a leftover instinct from kittenhood to curl up in a small ,cozy space.

ACSAPA, Sep 30, 2012
  6. Jessi

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

Mine isn't so bothered about small spaces, what he IS bothered about, is nicking the space on my chair when I've just moved. Every time I get up, he jumps on and curls up. He makes a very dejected noise when I move him, as if it's the worst thing in the world. I know he likes the warmth, but I always catch him sleeping on my chair whether I've been sitting on it, or not.

Evilsprinkles, Oct 2, 2012
  7. Jessi

dashboardc33 Active Member

That first picture is so cute, sleeping in a log like that. My cat used to sleep in this halloween basket we brought up every year. She was always upset when we had to bring the basket back down to the basement at the end of the season.

dashboardc33, Oct 2, 2012
  8. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Lol!! I will never understand why they want to squish into little boxes like this. I've seen it time and time again with my own cats, though.

Jessi, Oct 2, 2012
  9. Jessi

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

I know, clearly she was too small! but she doesnt care, she just has to be in every box she can!

Scottyxx, Oct 3, 2012
  10. Jessi

steph84 Well-Known Member

So cute! My Kitty Love likes to get into anything, He loves to get into the gift wrap and boxes during Christmas time! 0302022056.jpg

steph84, Oct 4, 2012
Ask a Question