Sibyl and Alice!

Discussion in 'Meet My Cat' started by blurinoctober, Dec 8, 2012.

1. blurinoctober

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The kitten is Alice and the white and gray one is Sibyl. It's not that great of a picture, but it's very rare to see them laying side-by-side like this, so we had to snap it.

Alice is a stray we found about a month ago on the street. She was running in the road and seemed to have a broken leg. Turns out it wasn't, she was just sick! We took her to the vet, get her medicine, and now she's a happy little thing.

I got Sibyl at a swap meet about three years ago as a kitten. I used to go to those a lot with my family and someone was giving away kittens for free that their barn cat had. They were mainly selling chickens and goats, but didn't want the kittens at any cost.. so Sibyl! I had another cat at the time (Dorian, as pictured below) who I wanted a friend for.

This is Dorian, who I no longer have. I woke up early one morning to him feeling really ill (he was fine the night before) and he disappeared before the vet office opened/we could take him in (we called the vet and she said she'd be in the office in an hour, he disappeared before then) to be seen. We never found him in any form, so we think he got outside.

[​IMG]

blurinoctober, Dec 8, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  2. blurinoctober

Crazy4Cats Active Member

They are both very pretty, they look so relaxed in the first picture. That's amazing how the kitten was able to stay on top of the light cover like that, real good balance.

Crazy4Cats, Dec 9, 2012
  3. blurinoctober

tajnz Well-Known Member

What a lovely photo of Sibyl and Alice together, they are both adorable. I also love the stories you shared about finding and consequently adopting both girls. I also think the photo of Dorian is cute, what good balance he has. By the way Dorian is one of my favourite male names, I've loved it ever since reading the book "The Picutre of Dorian Gray". :)

tajnz, Dec 11, 2012
  4. blurinoctober

steph84 Well-Known Member

So cute! I know what you mean about those rare moments that your cats are cuddling next to each other. My older cat never cuddles with the two younger ones. They always cuddle together so when they do cuddle, we all run to grab our cameras and start snapping away! Cute cats!

steph84, Dec 11, 2012
    blurinoctober likes this.
  5. blurinoctober

Both Sibyl and Dorian's names came from that book! :D I considered naming Alice from it, too, but I couldn't find anymore female names I enjoyed as much, so we just went with Alice. Lol.

blurinoctober, Dec 11, 2012
  6. blurinoctober

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

GORGEOUS! Alice is adorable and I love Sibyl's fluffy tail!! Dusty and Sassy lay like that sometimes but Sassy is treated like a footstool or a rag doll rather than his mom. It's great they're friendly and can cat around together!!
    Dorian has similar markings to a cat my aunt used to have, her name was DC. That's unfair you never found out officially what happened to the poor baby:( We've had similar experiences so I know how terrible it is for them to just go missing.

CinnamonKiss, Dec 27, 2012
  7. blurinoctober

I know, it caused quite a bit of distress for everyone in the house! I am sort of glad that I saw him that morning, though, so I had an idea something was wrong with him. It was terrible, but better than him just going missing after nothing, you know?

blurinoctober, Dec 27, 2012
  8. blurinoctober

Yeah, you knew he wasn't doing so well and his disappearance wasn't random. We weren't so lucky, both of ours just disappeared within a week of each other. I wish my parents had been able to find out something, because my sister and I were pretty small when it happened and we couldn't help search for clues or answers.

CinnamonKiss, Dec 29, 2012
  9. blurinoctober

somenights New Member

I have a cat that lost it's tail in a unknown way. Seriously, I woke up one morning to go to school and my cat was sitting there drinking from his bowl, with the tip of his tail gone. It was horrific, all that was left was a bone sticking out the end of his tail, it was covered in dry blood. So whatever happen to him actually occurred some time before I found him. I looked everywhere to try to find something that might have pinched his tail, but found nothing. He didn't make any noises either

somenights, Dec 31, 2012
  10. blurinoctober

That's really disturbing and weird, okay. Was the cat alright or did the wound end up getting infected or something? And did the cat ever go outside or was it forsure damaged in the house?

blurinoctober, Dec 31, 2012
  11. blurinoctober

Oh, dang. That's the worst! I'm very sorry for you. :/

blurinoctober, Dec 31, 2012
  12. blurinoctober

Thank you. It's been a really long time since it happened though and I try not to let it bother me since it can't be changed. I know I never want to lose one of them that way again though!!

CinnamonKiss, Jan 1, 2013
  13. blurinoctober

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Sibyl and Alice are adorable and I love their names. Thanks for sharing the stories of how you adopted them. The photo of them lying together is really sweet. That photo of Dorian delicately balanced on the range hood is awesome.

ACSAPA, Apr 1, 2013
Ask a Question