She's Alive, And She's Got A Cat

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by ACSAPA, Aug 22, 2012.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Hi guys,
    I came across this article from 4 months ago about a hiker who was lost in a New Mexico forest for weeks, and her family didn't know if she was dead or alive. When rescue workers found her, they said "She's alive, and she's got a cat." Even though the woman was emaciated and starving, her cat never left her side during the entire ordeal.
    This is why it's total BS when people say that cats don't care about their owners.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/weir...Rescued-After-Weeks-In-Forest--142069953.html

ACSAPA, Aug 22, 2012
  2. ACSAPA

Jessi Well-Known Member

Awww!

What an amazing story. I'm so glad they found her and her kitty alive. It's so sweet that they stayed together throughout it all.

Jessi, Aug 23, 2012
  3. ACSAPA

nikki Well-Known Member

I had no idea cats were so loyal! Mine would have probably taken a bite out of me by that time.

nikki, Aug 24, 2012
  4. ACSAPA

footballtim Well-Known Member

I'll bet you would be surprised at what your cat would really do in a situation like that. The cat in my avatar is Tabitha. My wife and I have spent years trying to rehabilitate her after eight years of abuse and neglect from her previous owners. It is finally paying off. She is more affectionate and no longer acting depressed. Now if you are referring to the fact that your cat may be hungry enough to eat you, I cannot help you with that one.

footballtim, Aug 24, 2012
  5. ACSAPA

footballtim Well-Known Member

What a wonderful end to the story, and once again proof that cats have souls and feelings just like humans do. Cats get a bad rap all the time. That type of foolish programming is often passed down from family to family. My wife was not a cat person when I met her because her family was extremely dysfunctional, and that is how she was programmed. Now we have Tabitha the Manx (left) and Phoebe the Bengal. We love them so much that we give them stroller rides in pet strollers two or three times a week. These cats look forward to it. When daddy gets the strollers ready, they jump in, and during the ride, they both sit at attention and face forward, moving only their heads to look left and right and take in the sights, sounds and smells.

footballtim, Aug 24, 2012
Ask a Question