Second-hand smoke

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by GavinMcresty, May 10, 2013.

1. GavinMcresty

GavinMcresty Well-Known Member

Does anyone in your household smoke? If they do, how do you protect your cat from secondary smoke? Do you insist they smoke outside? Do you keep your cat outside most of the time anyway? No one in our house smoked so we never had such an issue. I was just wondering how other people deal with it.

GavinMcresty, May 10, 2013
  2. GavinMcresty

mariposa Well-Known Member

Good question... I know that no one here smokes any longer but in the past when they did, it was done outside of the house or in the garage, etc. That was done because of my daughter, though, and I'm not sure I've ever heard that second hand smoke would be harmful to pets as it is to children.

mariposa, May 12, 2013
  3. GavinMcresty

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

ACSAPA, May 12, 2013
  4. GavinMcresty

steph84 Well-Known Member

My boyfriend smokes outside and my cat likes to go near him when he is smoking. I tell him to run away, but my cat just approaches him and even sniffs the air! I think he is just curious as to what he is doing out front late at night. lol

steph84, May 16, 2013
  5. GavinMcresty

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

The only time I've smoked around Sibyl (I rarely smoke anymore, I'm in a limbo of quitting altogether and very randomly smoking like I used to) was when I moved to Georgia. She came with me and it ended up being something like a 14 hour car ride, as we had to stop for human pee breaks as well as letting her get some fresh air and to let my girlfriend's dog out to pee. My smoking always gets the worst when I'm on a roadtrip, something to do with being stuck in the same seat for so long, I guess.

Anyway, she just ignored it. I had the front windows cracked (not fully open because I was terrified her or Bandit would jump out) and she was laying on a pile of stuff in the backseat. Most of the smoke just didn't go back there. I never, ever smoke in the house and she never goes outside, so that's all she's ever been around it.

blurinoctober, May 18, 2013
  6. GavinMcresty

Trellum Well-Known Member

My boyfriend is the one who smokes, but he always goes outside to do that :) I'm asthmatic, but is actually under control... so for my own sake he better smokes outside! I think no one over here smokes inside the house anymore. As for the cat... mine would just run away from the scene if my boyfriend did smoke inside.

Trellum, Nov 16, 2013
Ask a Question