Scratched?

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Anne, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Anne

Anne Well-Known Member

Have you ever been scratched by your cat? If so what kind of a scratch was it? Was a friendly scratch or an aggressive scratch? Well I have about three lines on my legs from what I might call a scratch from my cat and I hope the marks remain. It might sound silly, but finding those scratch marks are a reminder of my happy cat.

He would often get into rough play with one of my dogs and this day in question , I happen to be sitting on the bed when suddenly he springs on the bed to get away from the dog catching him. My leg gets caught in the cross fire. and in no time I have three scratch marks on my leg. A simple playful accident and what do I do? I treat it and smile.

Have you or anyone know been scratched by a cat?

Anne, Mar 19, 2015
  2. Anne

Trellum Well-Known Member

Bob has never been a rough cat, he is so careful and retracts his claws, but my future in laws' cat.... that's a different story! That cat used to be a wild cat, plus a very mean one! He NEVER retracts his claws when playing around! Whenever someone wants to play with him they have to wear a very thick glove. Otherwise... get ready for a very deep scratch! Can't imagine how much more aggressive he'd be if he wasn't neutered... that kitteh is bad news, I tell ya! Specially around small kids.

Trellum, Mar 20, 2015
  3. Anne

Anne Well-Known Member

Did I read into your post correctly? The neutering helps with temperament of the cat? I feel like I might have read that before. I am not going to look it up right now. Furthermore my "Google Plus Trellum" will provide me with the answer in no time:). Seriously though, this scratching aggressive behaviour in some cats might also be part of the reason I stayed away from cats for so many years. Twinkle was really special when I think of it. I was cautious with play but so was he.

The "fella" you described in your post is the "fella" I believe I am scared about.

Anne, Mar 20, 2015
  4. Anne

wahmed Active Member

Fixed cats don't need to mate or have the urge to so the calm down.

wahmed, Mar 20, 2015
  5. Anne

Hehehe, thanks for the nickname, lol, it's cute! Anyways, normally the neutering helps, but this kitty was a stray cat in the streets of an Eastern European country, so he must have experienced some nasty stuff (he was missing a piece of his ear). He doesn't know how to play with people, he was a very wild cat.

He doesn't like people to carry him in their arms, and never lies on people's laps! He is a bit anti social, you can tell he doesn't fancy petting much. Can't imagine how nasty he'd be if he wasn't neutered! He obviously had very little human contact before being caught and the few encounters he had... well, I guess they weren't positive at all.

Believe it or not those people paid good money to adopt that cat! 300+ euros or so and there it is! Now is more social than before, but last year he scratched their son in the arm really badly! They were just playing, but that cat never retracts its claws.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
    Trellum, Mar 21, 2015
  6. Anne

Anne Well-Known Member

[QUOTE.Believe it or not those people paid good money to adopt that cat! 300+ euros or so and there it is! Now is more social than before, but last year he scratched their son in the arm really badly! They were just playing, but that cat never retracts its claws.[/QUOTE]

Wow. That's like close to a thousand of my dollars. I have wondered how much I am willing to pay for a pet. I've been fortunate to receive all of the one I've been in contact for with for free.

Seriously though, I'd want my expensive pet to be very sociable. Very.

Anne, Mar 21, 2015
  7. Anne

Hahahaha, yeah, I know! If you ask me it's crazy of anyone to pay that much for a cat that used to be a stray! Kinda crazy if you ask me! I think they could have been able to buy a cat of a very expensive breed with that money. I'm sure they'd have been able to get a way more social and sweet cat, that is for sure.

Trellum, Mar 22, 2015
Ask a Question