Runaway Cat Returns - Not Getting Along With The Other Cat At All Now

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by OhioTom76, Oct 17, 2012.

1. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

My friend has two cats a male and female cat. The female one for some reason has never been fixed. They are usually glued at the hip with each other, even though the male one is fixed. I've seen the usually mild mannered male cat go ballistic whenever a stray was lingering on her porch, but besides that, he's pretty chill.

A few days ago, the female cat got loose. My friend kept trying to get her to come back in the house, but she roamed the neighborhood for several days. Last night it was pretty cold out, and out of nowhere she jumped up on the window outside. So my friend let her back in.

To say that the male cat was *pissed* would be an understatement. He started letting out these really loud wails and hissing at the female cat. This continued the whole time I was there. I didn't realize cats who were previously super close with each other could be this angry with each other now.

I'm assuming she went around the neighborhood and had a good time so to speak, lol. Was just funny how jealous the male cat got over it.

OhioTom76, Oct 17, 2012
  2. OhioTom76

Jessi Well-Known Member

o_O

Is the female cat spayed? And is the male neutered? That could cause some of the aggression after those couple days if one or the other hasn't been fixed.

And the female cat likely smells like all of those males now, so he has every reason to be territorial. She basically brought back the scent and territory of lots of different males and houses into HIS territory.

Jessi, Oct 17, 2012
  3. OhioTom76

Epicfied Well-Known Member

All I had to say was the same thing Jessi said.
    To put on terms of humans, it'd be like a girl going out with multiple guys and coming home smelling like them.
    The male will be territorial and probably a little angry.

Epicfied, Oct 18, 2012
  4. OhioTom76

LOL, the female cat isn't fixed. The male cat is. It was just funny the moaning the male cat was making when she came back in the house, it was like watching a soap opera. :-D

OhioTom76, Oct 18, 2012
  5. OhioTom76

Epicfied Well-Known Member

Hopefully your female kitty didn't end up pregnant. That probably wouldn't settle well. Tons of kittens running around? Bleh.

Epicfied, Oct 18, 2012
  6. OhioTom76

They're my friends cats, not mine. Does anyone happen to know how long this will go on for? Would giving the female cat a bath or something help? Surely the male cat can't hold a grudge forever!

OhioTom76, Oct 20, 2012
  7. OhioTom76

Jessi Well-Known Member

Nah, that'll just really upset the female kitty, too. He should get over it soon enough. Although if she did end up pregnant, then that's going to bring on a whole new set of kittens and territory issues with him.

Jessi, Oct 21, 2012
Ask a Question