Riding in the car, Love it or hate it?

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by nikki, Aug 13, 2012.

1. nikki

nikki Well-Known Member

My Lulu loves the car, My Rosie does not. Its a fight to even get her near the car. Is there anything you do that you think makes loving the car any easier?

nikki, Aug 13, 2012
  2. nikki

Jessi Well-Known Member

Oh she hates it. Going in the car means being stuck in a kennel, lots of new sounds, and often a trip to the vet, which is going to be awful for her no matter what. She would be perfectly happy if she never had to be in another car ever.

Jessi, Aug 13, 2012
  3. nikki

Beth23 Well-Known Member

Both my cats hate riding in the car but they love to jump up on them when they are parked in the sun and sunbathe. My husband has a fit because he has a mustang and is afraid they will scratch it.

Beth23, Aug 14, 2012
  4. nikki

steph84 Well-Known Member

My cat Kitty Love would adore rides in the car. We would take him everywhere with us. He would stay in my sister's little Build-a-Bear backpack and I would sit him on my lap. He would just poke his head out and stare out the window. If we would park then he would walk on the dashboard. Now he hates the car, but loved it as a kitty.

steph84, Aug 15, 2012
  5. nikki

footballtim Well-Known Member

My cats know that if they are going for a ride in the car, they are going to the vet or the groomer. They sometimes meow, and sometimes not. As far as long trips, I have not done any yet with my young Bengal, Phoebe, but I moved from Colorado to Key West in 2010, and our older Manx, Tabitha, (on your right), had to endure a lot of traveling. Needless to say, she was not crazy about it.

footballtim, Aug 25, 2012
  6. nikki

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I don't drive ,so if Dolores needs to go to the vet, I bribe a friend to drive us. Dolores hates car rides and it's an epic, drama filled struggle to get her in the cat carrier. I'm pretty sure Dolores has figures out that car = vet visit.

ACSAPA, Aug 31, 2012
  7. nikki

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

No, I have never taken any of my cats in a car ride yet. Never even thought of it, actually. I have seen a couple of toms marking car tires very much the same way that a dog does. Makes me wonder what is it that makes a cat think that a tire makes a good boundary stone.

Victor Leigh, Sep 1, 2012
Ask a Question