Polite cat lets owner know "No more petting."

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by CinnamonKiss, Jan 16, 2013.

1. CinnamonKiss

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

This cat has a unique way of letting people know when it's done being pet! :eek:

This cat makes our two look incredibly rude. Our cats just walk away when they're done, or lay near-by but out of reach.

CinnamonKiss, Jan 16, 2013
    Mindful7 likes this.
  2. CinnamonKiss

Jessi Well-Known Member

Aww.

And my cat *is* incredibly rude. She will bite you....and latch on, heh. When she's done, she's done, period. And you pretty much know to only pet her a couple times anyway because she gets done very quickly usually, even if she comes to you to be pet.

Jessi, Jan 17, 2013
  3. CinnamonKiss

Oh wow! She's pretty serious about being done! Sassy hangs around pretty long because she loves it, Dusty not so much. Different pats for different cats I suppose!

CinnamonKiss, Jan 17, 2013
  4. CinnamonKiss

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

That is so cool. When Delores is done being petted, she will tense up and make a move to scratch me. When she's done, she's done.
    The cat in the video is the same color/markings as Delores, but has much better manners.

ACSAPA, Jan 20, 2013
  5. CinnamonKiss

Jessi Well-Known Member

Lol, yep! I've talked about it before here, but she's our Tootsie Pop cat....You can count "one....two...." and on the third pet, you brace yourself for the "crunch" as you know she's likely to bite you, ha.

Jessi, Jan 20, 2013
  6. CinnamonKiss

Oh, she gets angry when she'd done! You must have to watch her to make sure you stop before it gets to that point, it would hurt if she scratches you.

Awwww, Tootsie Pop is such a cute name!
    I would probably just stop at two to avoid the bite! Is it a serious bite or more of a warning nip?

CinnamonKiss, Jan 21, 2013
  7. CinnamonKiss

Jessi Well-Known Member

It depends. It's often times a serious bite. Sometimes it's simply a warning, but it still hurts. She insists on begging to get my mom to pet her and my mom really doesn't want to, but she'll keep crying if you don't. She'll finally cave in and before the third pet, mom will sit there and tell her "No, I don't want to pet you again. You'll bite me!" and the kitty will just rub against her, crying some more. Sure enough, though, as soon as you pet her, she'll bite anyway, lol.

Jessi, Jan 21, 2013
  8. CinnamonKiss

Oh wow, she's tricky as well! I feel bad for your mom, getting guilted into petting her a third time even though the cat and your mom both know she'll bite. I would try letting her whine around or follow me until she gets bored and realizes I'm not letting her bite me after a third pet. I know love bites from them can hurt but she can bite seriously and that hurts way more, Dusty's bitten me before because he thought I was rough housing and I was just touching his belly. It hurts!

CinnamonKiss, Jan 21, 2013
  9. CinnamonKiss

wahmed Active Member

What a well mannered cat. Is she offering lessons, mine need to learn

wahmed, Mar 20, 2015
Ask a Question