please help me!!!! my kitten is being sooo aggressive

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by sweetlilkitters, Apr 6, 2011.

1. sweetlilkitters

sweetlilkitters New Member

I have 2 male kittens one is 6 months one is 3 month i just got the 3 month old one about a month ago now he has always been and indoor kitten and my other one was fereal before i got him but anyway you know they sleep with eachother run around and chase eachother but the little 3 month old one likes to bite ive tried tapping their nose tried pulling them away from eachother but he loves to bite the other ones leg and know ive noticed that hes got like a bump where he bites all the time is that normal or is he a crazy biter???? help please!!!!

sweetlilkitters, Apr 6, 2011
  2. sweetlilkitters

Jenny Heart Well-Known Member

A few of my cats done the sme thing, and I thought I should stop them. Most of the time I would tell them in a firm voice to stop it. They always started back up, especialyl in the evening hours. All my cats seem to majority of the time enjoy each others company. Then, they must get bored, and just want some fun. My cats would bite each other around their necks all the time, but they always stopped and started playing in a calmer manner. Now, if they are severely aggressive, then I would ask the veterinarian for his advice on this sensitive matter.

Jenny Heart, Apr 21, 2012
  3. sweetlilkitters

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I have faced a similar problem. When verbal commands didn't have any impact, I just put the offending cat under a food cover. After a couple of incarcerations, it got the message.

Victor Leigh, Apr 22, 2012
  4. sweetlilkitters

magickat Well-Known Member

I've noticed this when i have cats of different ages playing together, sometimes the older ones get a bit carried away and play too rough for the kittens. I usually take the smaller one away and tell the larger one off, then give the little one a lot of fuss. It seems to work pretty well.

magickat, Apr 22, 2012
  5. sweetlilkitters

That's odd. With my cats, it's the other way round. The younger ones would want to play all the time until the older ones get annoyed. Then one sharp swat on the head and game time is over. For a short while.

Victor Leigh, Apr 23, 2012
  6. sweetlilkitters

They all like to play and the younger ones will normally instigate things, but when the older ones join in they sometimes get carried away. Bear in mind when I say older, I am referring to 11 month olds, so still really kittens themselves, but a lot bigger than a 10 week old kitten!

magickat, Apr 23, 2012
  7. sweetlilkitters

I see. So you were talking about smaller kittens playing with bigger kittens. That's different. I was talking about kittens playing with adult cats.

Victor Leigh, Apr 23, 2012
  8. sweetlilkitters

That does happen too in my house, but generally the adults will just go and sit somewhere too high for the kittens to reach lol

magickat, Apr 24, 2012
  9. sweetlilkitters

Looks like your adult cats are smart cookies. Mine would try to discipline the boisterous youngsters first. Only if swatting their heads make no headway, so to say, would the seniors head for the high ground.

Victor Leigh, Apr 24, 2012
  10. sweetlilkitters

Leroy and Ava Well-Known Member

To be honest I think it's normal he's playing but been abit to ruth.

Sometimes when cats play they can be very ruth with eachover but cats are very tuff animals.

Aspecialy males they can play very ruff when there is two males.

Hopeful your other cat will stick up for it self abit when he is biting to hard....your other cat needs to let him know.

Leroy and Ava, Sep 26, 2012
  11. sweetlilkitters

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

Have you tried letting them play outside a bit (leashed of course) to let out some of their aggression and energy. Our two cats, who generally don't get along at all, for some bizarre reason are very well mannered when they are outside together. The one was even licking the other one recently. But when they're in the house they are constantly fighting.

OhioTom76, Sep 29, 2012
Ask a Question