Please don't feed me

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Jessi, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I thought this was a really clever idea. It reminded me of the thread where someone was asking if it was okay to feed strays and what if it's someone else's cat, etc. This kitty tends to go to other people's apartments and people will feed it, but it started putting on weight, so the owners decided to get him this tag. It not only makes it clear that he belongs to someone else, but also that he's being fed and shouldn't be fed any more.

Jessi, Oct 14, 2012
  2. Jessi

Epicfied Well-Known Member

That's a good idea. haha
    It also keeps the cat from possibly changing homes. Smartcat though.
    "I have owners... I'm fat... I want more food." *go to neighbors"

Epicfied, Oct 14, 2012
  3. Jessi

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be able to resist, I would have to sneak him/her some treats just for being so clever in figuring out how to escape in the first place. :)

How exactly is that cat getting out in the apartment complex in the first place? Do they leave their windows open or something?

OhioTom76, Oct 15, 2012
  4. Jessi

steph84 Well-Known Member

I need to get those tags for my cats. They are getting chubby! My neighbor Susan is always giving them can and now that is all they want to eat.

steph84, Oct 15, 2012
  5. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

I don't know. I hope not! He might just be slipping out when they leave the apartment and they're not paying attention? Or maybe he's allowed to roam and they simply don't want other people feeding him?

Jessi, Oct 15, 2012
  6. Jessi

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but I just love fat cats. Down at the shelter I sometimes volunteer at, there is a resident cat named "Tiny" who is anything but. She'll just wobble over and bury her face in the food bowl and make the funniest sounds while she is grubbing - I can't stop myself from laughing. When she's contemplating jumping up on a chair or something, she'll often be like "ahh, screw it" then just walk away, lol.

OhioTom76, Oct 15, 2012
  7. Jessi

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

Wow! I need this tag! If Bandit eats anything except his cat food, he will poop blood. Not nice. I think this is what happened last week. I think he stole some turkey. It would be good for when people come over so I can make sure he is healthy!

Scottyxx, Oct 16, 2012
  8. Jessi

andrew320 Well-Known Member

Humph. I was wondering why our one cat is getting so big...and he doesn't go anywhere other than this apartment. Someone has been breaking in and feeding him! In all seriousness, though, I do concur that it's a smart idea for the collar tag.

andrew320, Oct 25, 2012
Ask a Question